Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am unable to change my password XXXXX access the BT HUB man

Customer Question

I am unable to change my password XXXXX access the BT HUB manager
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

To clarify, you are trying to log onto the administration console of the BT hub correct?

Not connect to the wireless.

And where are you retrieving the current admin password from?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am trying to wireless. Info from BThome hub

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

This is usually a problem with the firmware on the Hub, so I would like you to do the following to eliminate this as the issue.

On the back of the Hub is a reset button. You may need to use a paperclip, and while the Hub is ON, push the reset button in for 10 seconds, then release.

Once done, wait 5 minutes, restart the computer and then try to connect to the wireless network, using the Wireless Key that is printed on the Label on the BT Hub.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, computer fine, however the printer is not responding, wireless light flashing.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this means the printer needs to again be connected to the wireless network.

Uninstall the printer from the computer and then do the installation again like you did when you first received it.

Once you have connected it again to the wireless network, it will then function correctly.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don't know how to uninstall, sorry

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats ok,

Which version of windows are you running?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows Vista, I think

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

First remove the power from the printer and wait 3 minutes.

Connect the power back to the printer and tell me if it now connects.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wireless light still flashing

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then on the computer click Start, Devices and Printers.

Right click on your printer and select Remove.

Then restart the computer

Connect the printer to the computer with the USB Cable.

Put the Disk in the computer that came with the printer and run the installation again, like you did when you first received it.

During the installation, connect the printer to the wireless network and it can then be used wielessly again.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On screen message says printer already installed and does'nt allow me to continue.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to first uninstall it, as per my initial instructions.

Then restart the computer