Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

HI THERE THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH EMAIL, ALL MY MESSAGES

HI THERE
THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH EMAIL, ALL MY MESSAGES HAVE GONE
SENT FOLDERS ETC ALL SAYING EMPTY, I GOT A FRIEND TO SEND ME AN EMAIL AND IT NEVER CAME THROUGH, I GOT AN EMAIL FROM MY DENTIST TODAY WHICH I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THE DENTIST WAS ASKING ME TO LEND THEM MONEY, I CONTACTED THE DENTIST BY PHONE ASKING ABOUT THE EMAIL, THEY SAID THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A VIRUS AND ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS HAD GOT ONE, SINCE THEN MY MAIL SEEMS TO HAVE DISAPPEARED, I CLEANED MY COMPUTER WITH MALAWARE BYTES, BUT STILL NO MAIL, ANY SUGGESTIONS AND IS THERE AN EXPERT WITH REMOTE ACCESS AS I AM HOPELESS WITH COMPUTERS, I ALSO TRIED RESTORING MY COMP TO AN EARLIER DATE WITH NO LUCK
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you lost your mail.

Can you please confirm for me who your email provider is, is it yahoo, hotmail, aol, gmail or someone else?

Also are you using an email program like outlook or windows mail OR are you checking your email with a web browser such as internet explorer?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris

for just as strange a reason the email is now working, I will let you know if I have any further problems

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.

Well that is good, keep an eye on it. This may have just been a mistake or some temporary issue.

I am aware of the message you described from the Dentist, it is a pretty common scam. Getting this email does not mean you were hacked it means your Dentist was so you should be OK.

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.

Thank You
-Chris