Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

cannot use my new Kindle Fire as everything is written in

cannot use my new Kindle Fire as everything is written in Chinese
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Please follow the steps below to change language on your Kindle:
1. Open up the notification bar by swiping from the top of the screen down.

2. Select "cross in white circle" icon

3. Select 4th option from the top on the list
4. Select 1st option from the top on the list
5. Select 1st or 2nd option from the top on the list.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cannot find cross in white circle

Hi Mairi,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to be sure, when you swipe down the top of the screen there is no icon I marked on the second picture, correct?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats correct

Thank you for confirmation.

That's really strange. All Kindle FIRE devices have that option. Are you sure that your Kindle is FIRE model?

What happens when you swipe down the top of the screen? Do you get additional menu like shown on the picture above?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is a kindle fire HD sorry forgot to add the HD for you so sorry I am sure it may make a difference right now there is a blank screen and no additional menu

No problem. Kindle Fire and Fire HD have different menus, so I'll have to provide you with the new instruction how to change the language.

1. Swipe from the top
2. Tap on the far right gear icon
3. Tap on the 5th item from the top
4. Tap on the 4th item from the top. The battery % is the 1st item.
5. Tap on the 3rd item from the top.

Let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply and happy to provide you with more information if needed.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we followed your instructions to a T but nothing then out of the blue my son found it don't ask us how just one of these little miracles that happen. Thank you for your help lets hope I don't push the wrong button and get Chinese again!!!!

Great job. I'm glad that your problem is resolved.

If you are not satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me). If you are not satisfied use the link below to request refund - click here

Thanks for using our service!

Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.