Engineer Hamid
Engineer Hamid, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  BSc Computer Science, MTA, A+, MCP, MCTS, HP ExperOne.
76930927

I have just bought an Ion Pics2SD scanner. The instructions

Customer Question

I have just bought an Ion Pics2SD scanner. The instructions say that after you press Scan, you can use the LEFT and RIGHT buttons to select Save. However, when I press the Scan button, it does not give me the option to save the image. The screen just reverts to Capture
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer Hamid replied 2 years ago.

HamidAhmadi :

Hello , my name is Hamid. I have 13 years of hands-on repair with computers. I will be happy to help you.

JACUSTOMER-kdmyx6de- :

HamidAhmadi :

Hello my name is Hamid. I will try my best to help you.

HamidAhmadi :

Lets go through some troubleshooting steps to begin with.

HamidAhmadi :

Can you please confirm are you sending these pictures directly to an SD card or have you connected it via USB to the computer?

JACUSTOMER-kdmyx6de- :

USB cable to computer

HamidAhmadi :

Thank you, Can you please confirm that when the USB is connected the computer does recognise and accept the device? Like is there any pop up messages that come on the bottom to say that a device has been connected.

JACUSTOMER-kdmyx6de- :

USB is connected and has been recognised

HamidAhmadi :

Ok Thank you, and when you do press the scan button, does it actually scan the image like does it take some time before it gives you the option to move left or right or does it immediately inform you that there is no save option?

JACUSTOMER-kdmyx6de- :

When I press the Scan button, it does not give me the option to save the image. The display screen just reverts to Capture

HamidAhmadi :

This does sound like a firmware issue from what I understand. Unfortunately, There isn't a solution available for this. It would best be to return the product direct to the manufacture for a replacement. I believe that the scanner does come with warranty. In the meantime, if you wish I can keep this question open, if any other experts have had similar issues before. Do let me know which you choose, as your satisfaction is always important to me.

JACUSTOMER-kdmyx6de- :

OK Thank you Hamid

HamidAhmadi :

You are more than welcome, did you want me to keep this question open or do you prefer it to be closed?

HamidAhmadi :

In the meantime I do suggest you contact the manufacture directly on the number found in the warranty booklet.

JACUSTOMER-kdmyx6de- :

I'll contact the manufacturer

HamidAhmadi :

That sounds great, once again sorry I could not ultimately resolve the issue which you have, I hope I have pointed you in the right direction, if you feel that the chat was helpful it would be great if you can rate me in terms of response and quality. There is nothing to pay for rating.
If I could be of any more assistance do let me know.
Best Regards,
Hamid

HamidAhmadi :

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. Was wondering how the issue is going? DId you manage to get through to the technical support at the Ion company? Please let me know. Thank you

HamidAhmadi :

I still have not heard anything back from you.
Can you please update me if the problem has been resolved or if you have tried contacting Ion directly.
I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are satisfied with my service please leave me 5 smiley excellent feedback as I am new to this website and this would really help me keep on the right track! There's nothing to pay if you rate my service as good! Only pay if you feel that my answers helped you!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Best Regards
Eng. Hamid