Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I am giving my laptop to a friend which contains my hotmail

I am giving my laptop to a friend which contains my hotmail account. I am registered with Microsoft for Windows 7 and so is my friend who also runs Winows 7 on her old laptop. My friend wants to use hotmail. What is the procedure that I should adopt to achieve the objective of installing my laptop with her?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Customer:

Viet - Computer Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your laptop? Do you go to the hotmail website to use email? Or do you use email in an email program, like Outlook, or Windows Live Mail, etc.?

Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome. And does your friend have a hotmail email address yet?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Also, are you chatting with me on that laptop or another computer?

Customer:

my model is a toshiba europe gmbh i do not have my friends. my emails are in outlook but my friend does not have hotmail as yet

Customer:

Another computer

Viet - Computer Tech :

Since you are giving away your laptop, have you backed up any data you need yet?

Viet - Computer Tech :

, i.e., transfer your files, such as documents, pictures, from the laptop to the other computer.

Customer:

All backed up and the computer is clean and ready

Viet - Computer Tech :

Do you mean right now if you open up Outook on your laptop, it does not contain contain your hotmail email any more right?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Is it Microsoft Office Outlook program, or is it the Outlook.com website?

Customer:

No. This is why I need your advice I have left my email attachment on the computer which I use through my search engine firefox and for which I contain an icon on the screen

Viet - Computer Tech :

Do you mean you use Firefox for hotmail?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Go to your hotmail email on the laptop, then there, click on your name at the upper right corner, then click on Sign out.

Customer:

Sorry, I am unable to perform any of your instructions on my laptop right now. So would you please advise me step-by-step so that I can do everything as soon as possible after we finish?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Actually, let's do this better way when you have time:

Viet - Computer Tech :

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts... -> Manage another account, then create a new account, and select the Administrator option when prompted.

Viet - Computer Tech :

2. Shut down / restart the laptop, and log in the new account.

Customer:

It is not a question of time. It is because I will perform all functions infront of my friend when I deliver my laptop.

Viet - Computer Tech :

OK, I will provide all the steps, and if you still need help later, please get back to me.

Customer:

Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome. You can do these steps now first. Then for creating her hotmail account, you can do it with her later.

Viet - Computer Tech :

3. After logging in the new account, go to Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts... -> Manage another account, then select the old account, and delete it.

Viet - Computer Tech :

, select the option to delete files if prompted

Customer:

got it

Viet - Computer Tech :

Those 3 steps you can do them right now.

Viet - Computer Tech :

4. With your friend, go to the website http://www.hotmail.com , and then click on the Sign up now option at that website, then it will let her create a new hotmail email address.

Customer:

Sorry to be so difficult but no, because I have to be as fast as possible with you as my wife is disabled and will need my help soon.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Don't worry about it; if you cannot get this finished today, we can continue tomorrow, or whenever you are available.

Customer:

Than you. This is straightforward and should I have problems I will get back to you.

Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome. If there is still any issue later, please get back to me any time via this web page, and/or via the email message from Viet / JustAnswer. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit / OK when it shows up. Thank you,

Customer:

When it comes to Item 3 and deleting the old account, my account, will this effect my new computer and my phone and my tablet? Will it remove my account from these other three pieces of hardware?

Viet - Computer Tech :

No, it won't affect your new computer nor phone nor tablet nor any other device, so don't worry.

Customer:

Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome.

Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your offer but this is the first time in many years that I have needed advice and so I will not require a take-up on this.

Ernest

You're welcome. OK. Please come back anytime in the future if you need. Thank you.