Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

ertramI registered with Kobo and purchased a book (Receipt

ertramI registered with Kobo and purchased a book (Receipt No. 43059760). The cover of the book appears in My Library but when I double-click it nothing happens. Can you help ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Is this the only book the problem is occuring for?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is the first and only book which I purchased and have in My Library to use as a test case

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks,

when you say Double Click, you are Double Clicking it on the computer within the Kobo Desktop?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I double-click I do so on the mouse which I use to operate my desktop computer.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, but you cannot open the books this way, you Synch them to the Kobo and they are opened on the Kobo.

The Desktop program is just for organising and sending the books to the Kobo, but you need to actually read them on the Kobo.

I would advise you to review the manual on my link below

Click me to open

You will want to look at page 21 which explains how to synch the books to the Kobo.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My problem was not solved. I was told to take steps without being told how to take them. No account was taken by the Expert of the level of my ignorance. BotXXXXX XXXXXne for me: I still have a book showing in my Kobo Library which I am unable to open. I do not wish to waste any more of the Expert's time - or mine - or my money.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hi There,

You only just had to tell me you had difficulties, on which step did you get stuck?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I click the sync icon in the Kobo Desktop I am notified that "Syncing Kobo Desktop" is occurring. This is followed by "Updating annotations", then "Sync Complete" and "Your latest books are in your Library". However, when I double-click the cover of the book in My Library, nothing happens, it does not open. Please bear in mind that I am an octogenarian if you really wish to pursue this matter further; I reckon that am computer-illiterate as far as you are concerned. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, I understand you are not computer literate, but I still need you to understand my message Bertram,

You cannot open the books on your Computer, they are only opened on your Kobo, not on the computer.

So you need to disconnect the Kobo from the computer and read the books on the Kobo.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I understand you now, I need to purchase another device (a Kobo) which would operate separately from my computer - like a kindle, perhaps ? I do not have such a gadget.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, so you don't have a Kobo.

You do need a Kobo, you can only purchase a Kobo to do this. Not a Kindle.

My link below will show you where you can purchase one.

http://www.kobo.com/kobotouch/wheretobuy