Engineer Hamid
Engineer Hamid, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  BSc Computer Science, MTA, A+, MCP, MCTS, HP ExperOne.
76930927

my password XXXXX XXXXX being accepted

my password XXXXX XXXXX being accepted
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer Hamid replied 2 years ago.

HamidAhmadi :

Hello , my name isXXXXX have 13 years of hands-on repair with computers. I will be happy to help you.
Can you please inform me which website/application you are tying to access that requires the username/password?

Customer:

mail

HamidAhmadi :

Ok thank you for your reply, I couldn't find the information on the initial question. Can you please tell me is this your Apple mail details/Hotmail/Gmail etc.

Customer:

btinternet.com

HamidAhmadi :

Ok Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX you be able to copy and paste the exact error code you are receiving. I may have to remote in to your computer.

HamidAhmadi :

Moreover, Have you tried using the 'Forgotten Password' button , if not the link is ( https://www.bt.com/managepassword/merged_consumer_journey/forgottenpasswordnavPC.do?decorator=merged_consumer_journey)

Customer:

ok

HamidAhmadi :

If you can give me the error code you are receiving, I will be happy to check this for you. I beleive BT have this reoccuring problems with passwords and not being able to send emails as it keeps mentioning you have an incorrect password. So I will run through the steps to get this resolved for you.

HamidAhmadi :

Can you copy and paste the error code you are receiving , it may have a beginning like 'Server Error: 0x'

Customer:

I have not forgotten the password XXXXX will try to access now

HamidAhmadi :

That is not a problem. May I also ask do you have your BTMail set up on more than one device?

Customer:

Enter password XXXXX Account BT

Customer:

The pop server mailbtinternet.com rejected the password

HamidAhmadi :

Ok thank you for informing me about the error messge.

HamidAhmadi :

Do you have an iphone or an ipad or any other device that you use to view your BT emails?

Customer:

for [email protected]

Customer:

I do have an ipad but do not normaly view

Customer:

bt mail on it

HamidAhmadi :

Ok no problem, however, on the ipad do you get informed when a new email arrives, like is it registered with the BTMail server?

Customer:

I am an old person and not computer literate if this helps

Customer:

imagine I am your granny !!!!!

Customer:

yes probably

Customer:

yes I think I do

HamidAhmadi :

Apologies for my wordings. The issue that is occurring with your emails is, the btmail can only be registed on one device (in this case either the ipad or the computer). This is because of security issues. To resolve this problem, if you would like to view all your emails on the computer then you will need to run through a few settings on the Ipad. Do you have the Ipad with you now?

Customer:

no but I can go and get it

HamidAhmadi :

Would you please grab the Ipad and I will run through the steps on here with you.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

got it

HamidAhmadi :

Awesome, To start off with can you please click on Settings.

Customer:

done

HamidAhmadi :

Then click on Mail,Contacts Calenders

HamidAhmadi :

Tap*

Customer:

ok no star to tap

HamidAhmadi :

Ok thank you no problems, please scroll down to where where it has 'Fetch New Data' this will be just below all the list of the email accounts.

Customer:

ok

HamidAhmadi :

Please press on Fetch New Data, and then tap on the associated BTEmail account which you have

Customer:

seems i do not have this

HamidAhmadi :

Ok sorry I think I speeded slightly fast, can you please tell me which screen you are on at the moment, did you manage to find the 'fetch new data' button? If possible let me know what icons you have on the screen at the moment.

Customer:

found new data and pressed it

Customer:

now says Push

HamidAhmadi :

ok below this you will see some email accounts is that correct?

HamidAhmadi :

If you can select the email account that is associated or is the BT account please

Customer:

All the settings are on the left hand side of the page

HamidAhmadi :

I have found a screenshot that may be similar to your Ipad can you please view the attachment.

Customer:

ok found a Yahoo account with my email address but have to give a password XXXXX I have not done

HamidAhmadi :

Ok I want you to please delete this Yahoo Mail account from the iPad as this uses the same mail method as BT

Customer:

ok deleted it

HamidAhmadi :

Awesome, so do you have any other email account showing on there, whether it be BTmail or Yahoo by any chance?

Customer:

no

HamidAhmadi :

Ok so there is no longer any emails registered on the device, Can you please shut down the Ipad by pressing on to the power button then turn it back on.

Customer:

oops, I have an apple email

Customer:

ok turned off and on

HamidAhmadi :

Yes you can leave that,

HamidAhmadi :

No problems, Can you please go to settings once more,

Customer:

ok

HamidAhmadi :

where we saw earlier the 'push' button

HamidAhmadi :

within Emails.

Customer:

ok

HamidAhmadi :

I would like you to change the 'push' button and please turn this off by swiping to the right.

Customer:

ok

HamidAhmadi :

Is it turned off. alternatively select Manual.

Customer:

it is off

HamidAhmadi :

Ok, Can you please tell me with regards XXXXX XXXXX emails, Do you visit the Internet to access them or do you automatically receive them on the laptop/computer.

HamidAhmadi :

If you could please visit the computer at this step please.

Customer:

automatically receive them on the laptop

HamidAhmadi :

Ok that's perfect can you please restart your laptop.

Customer:

have restarted

HamidAhmadi :

Can you please try accessing your emails, it may prompt you for a password XXXXX to the changes.

HamidAhmadi :

That's great stuff.

Customer:

will try

Customer:

no luck

Customer:

still asking for the password

HamidAhmadi :

It is still asking for the password. Right ok, Can you please reset the password. Via the link for forgotten password (although you haven't forgotton it)

HamidAhmadi :

It will need the username which you use

Customer:

ok

Customer:

this will take some time !

HamidAhmadi :

That's perfectly fine :)

Customer:

i am not able to access the link to this page for the resetting of passwords

HamidAhmadi :

Ok, Can you try this link
http://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/load_page?page=/selfhelp/pwdRst_username.html

HamidAhmadi :

If there are any issues you are encountering with the resetting, do feel free to let me know.

Customer:

Am unable to access this site also it says it cannot be found

HamidAhmadi :

Ok. there seems to be a link issue i guess

HamidAhmadi :

Can you please copy and paste the following to Google ' bt mail forgot password XXXXX

HamidAhmadi :

then click on the first link that is available

Customer:

it would seem so

Customer:

ok now safari cannot fine the server

HamidAhmadi :

That's very weird, you are going through Google correct? as I seem to have it open here , do you have another Internet Browser.

HamidAhmadi :

Alternatively, I could reset it from my side if you wish.

Customer:

Yes google and no no other browser

Customer:

ok if you can reset it it would be appreciated

HamidAhmadi :

That is totally fine, Can you give me the full email address which you use for BT in order for the reset.

Customer: [email protected]
HamidAhmadi :

it seems to be coming with X's here. Can you just state the first part of it so before the @ symbol

Customer:

denisehaddrell

HamidAhmadi :

ok can you please access this website to remotely access your pc

HamidAhmadi :

https://join.me/291-881-023

Customer:

will try

HamidAhmadi :

no problems

Customer:

it seems not

Customer:

i seem to have lost you

HamidAhmadi :

Hi, There seemed to have problems with either the site or the softwrae taking place. Sorry about that. Can you please confirm you are still online with me?

HamidAhmadi :

Dear Madam, Can you please message me when you are online so we can go through the next steps to resolve the problem.

Engineer Hamid, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: BSc Computer Science, MTA, A+, MCP, MCTS, HP ExperOne.
Thank you very much for the positive rating.
It really does help me as I am new to this website.
If you do need any further help or issues please do feel free to PM me or submit another question under me and I will be more than happy to help.

All the best!

Hamid