S H E F I N
S H E F I N, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

How do i stop the pointer jumping around in to other words

Customer Question

How do i stop the pointer jumping around in to other words and over the screen
Category: Computer
Expert:  s_feehan replied 3 years ago.

s_feehan :

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help... is this on a laptop?

Customer:

yes

s_feehan :

Has the machine been worked on before or restored to factory settings? Sounds like the touchpad drivers aren't installed from the manufacturer and its using a generic one just to get you going like when you format the drive.

s_feehan :

What's the make and model?

Customer:

acer aspire 5742

s_feehan :

And operating system, I need to know if its 32 bit or 64 bit.. if you don't know, go to start, right click computer, and hit properties, or Windows + Pause / Break key

s_feehan :

Now it's a 5742, not a 5742Z or 5742G?

s_feehan :

Shouldn't matter much, but just wanted to make sure.

Customer:

64 is answer

Customer:

stick on says 5742

s_feehan :

Please go to this link: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

s_feehan :

In the Search by PRoduct Model, type Aspire 5742

s_feehan :

Change the Operating System to Windows 7 64 bit, unless you're on Windows 8

s_feehan :

You'll see two different touchpad drivers, ELANTECH and Synaptics

s_feehan :

Download the Synaptics one.

s_feehan :

After you install that you should be fine, but otherwise there will be a little icon near the clock that looks like a touchpad that will change a bit when you press on the touchpad, you can right click it and go to properties to adjust the sensitivity.

s_feehan :

Looking good?

s_feehan :

Still there?

s_feehan :

If it worked for you, please don't forget to positively rate my service at the bottom! :)

Customer:

OK Ive got a page n ow how ddownlaodo i

s_feehan :

TouchPadSynapticsTouchpad Driver14.0.19.029.5 MB2010/08/18Download
s_feehan :

You can click that button here in the window too that says Download

s_feehan :

That's the driver you need.

Customer:

done now what as i am having the same problem typing this

s_feehan :

Do you see by the clock a little icon that would resemble a touchpad|?

s_feehan :

If not, you may need to restart.

s_feehan :

pressing on the touchpad should make a change in the icon, its pressure sensitive and recognizes the touch

Customer:

There is no icon by clock. if i restart and it still does not work how do i recontact

s_feehan :

Should be the same way you got here to start, www.justanswer.com and login on the upper right, otherwise check your email and it may have a link there... You could also copy and paste the link in the top of chrome to a notepad.

Customer:

still have problem as i type but worse

s_feehan :

If it doesn't work when restarting, I'd like to try remote software. www.teamviewer.com download that and run it and then I'll need the 9 digit ID and 4 digit password.

s_feehan :

If you're receptive to it anyway, it might make it easier since I am familiar with rectifying this problem

Customer:

ok going to restart

s_feehan :

Just let me know when you're back.

Customer:

ok i am I coback could not get back online. leme still hav prob

Customer:

now on teamviewer

Customer:

do you need id and password?

s_feehan :

Yes

s_feehan :

9 digit id and 4 digit password.

Customer:

coming up

Customer: NNN-NN-NNNN/p>
Customer:

z87uu7

Customer:

thats what is showing

s_feehan :

okay here i go.

s_feehan :

You haVE A lot of viruses / spyware / malware on your computer..

s_feehan :

Just so you know.

s_feehan :

Okay

s_feehan :

Do you see that program I moved over to the middle, Malwarebytes?

s_feehan :

You can take control of your keyboard/mouse...

Customer:

ok do i need to do anything

Customer:

still hlemprobave

s_feehan :

yes.

s_feehan :

Do you see that program I moved over?

s_feehan :

Malwarebytes?

s_feehan :

its the blue icon

s_feehan :

and yes, you're going to keep having the problems until you restart again, the drivers didn't install because they had to be taken out of the compressed file they were in first. But this time it will work. But before we do that you have underlying problems that are likely the cause.

Customer:

such as and what do you want me to do

Customer:

seen the icon

s_feehan :

well your computer is riddled with spyware, malware, browser hijackers, and likely several viruses.

s_feehan :

You need to run a FULL scan with that malwarebytes program, update it, and run a full scan

s_feehan :

You should be able to restart your computer and have your pointer issue fixed

s_feehan :

Start by restarting your computer, coming back here, and getting a full scan started.

s_feehan :

You have all these "Driver Update" programs that are interfering with your computer and taking it over.

Customer:

which to do first

s_feehan :

they're scams and hoaxes.

s_feehan :

Customer:

ok will do

s_feehan :

ok.

s_feehan :

I'm stepping out for lunch, run a full scan with that malwarebytes program and remove any infection it finds and then come on back... please don't forget to rate my service as excellent or good.

s_feehan :

I'm back and ready when you are.

Customer:

ok ive done all youve asked and the problem frankly is worse help please

s_feehan :

I'm back sorry seems we missed one another

s_feehan :

Let me know when you're ready to continue.

s_feehan :

I believe a lot of the problems you have are in result to the viruses/malware on your computer.

s_feehan :

Those "Babylon Toolbars" "Driver Finder" and other programs take over your computer.

s_feehan :

If you've run a full scan with malwarebytes like I mentioned you should have had lots of different infections found...

s_feehan :

I can do this for you with teamviewer but I'd like to request a larger deposit for my services, I'll get your touchpad working properly AND clean out all infections for you.

Customer:

ok how much more

Customer:

you can call me on XXXXXXXXXXX if thats easier

s_feehan :

Unfortunately we're not allowed to provide / call telephones. I sent a request for a bigger deposit, $25.00 would be satisfactory, it should be in your email

s_feehan :

I can get started while you do that though if I have your permission to connect in to TeamViewer again

s_feehan :

Or rather I can get started after, since I'll be connected in your computer you can't very well do that can you? lol :)

s_feehan :

But yes, I can take care of this for you rest assured.

Customer:

checked email and agreed but screen says loading data

Customer:

can we agree to me for a chat at 8pm uk time please

Customer:

to meet

s_feehan :

I am actually in eastern standard time that would be midnight for me

s_feehan :

unfortunately I'll be well in bed at that time, but if you can pick a time tomorrow I can devote all the time you need.

s_feehan :

I could get started on your computer now though if you want.

s_feehan :

You won't need to be present for at least a couple hours.

Customer:

9 am uk time

s_feehan :

Sure I can do that, that's 2pm my time

Customer:

great lets do at 2 pm your time. and thanks

Customer:

goodnight

s_feehan :

goodnight :)

Customer:

good morning

Customer:

8]

Customer:

p[

Customer:

7=*

Customer:

good morning its 9am

Customer:

anybody in?

Customer:

Customer:

you have forgotten bye.

s_feehan :

What the heck I didn't forget anything. You said 9am UK time. It's 830 am eastern eastern time.

s_feehan :

Oh my I seem to have accidentally reversed the times. Sorry.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Please download this free program called Touch Freeze.

What id does is stops the mouse from moving while you are typing (one of the problems with these touch pads).

The program can be downloaded here (free).

http://tpp.desofto.com/

Once installed, run it and it will stop the pointer jumping.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that doesnt work either

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It will stop the pointer moving at all, so it should not be jumping.

In which program is it happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all programmes

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and let me know if it still jumps around please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will do and thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am not sseing bthe same tabs you are suggesting. can we go to teamviewer

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
We cannot sorry.

Which version of windows are you running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

7

I did as asked and the result was on restart a low light screen and no access to net. i had to to redo all in reverse to get to you

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, I am out of ideas sorry, I will have to opt out for another expert that may have new ideas.

you do not need to do anything, a new expert should be with your shortly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks anyway

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
unable to assist
Expert:  S H E F I N replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

The issue is because of the sensitivity of your touchpad. If you disable the touchpad and uses and external mouse, it will work fine.

A good resolution for this issue is to download and install Touchfreeze software. Please go to the link below, click Downloads section. Download and install the software. Please do not purchase anything.
http://code.google.com/p/touchfreeze/

After installing the software, click Start button, select All programs and then select Touchfreeze from the list of the programs. By selecting the program, you are enabling it. Nothing will open on your screen, but it will be enabled. Then, try typing anything.

If it is not enabled, select it again and try typing anything.

If the issue persists, please let me know, so that I can assist you further.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund.

I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Experience: Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It now only occasionally jumps but is a lot better so thanks

I am very glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

S H E F I N