Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I cannot log in to e-mail and it is suggested I change password

I cannot log in to e-mail and it is suggested I change password XXXXX some security problems with bt yahoo have been experienced. In giving identity information my mother's maiden name is XXXXX XXXXX and I cannot proceed.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

When you do not have access to your alternate email address and cannot verify by answering the security questions you need to fill out a special form.

This form will have you provide some information about your account as well as a new alternate email address.

Access the form at the following link:
http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=contact

Once on that page choose Hacked Accounts, Unable to verify secret question next Click Email to open the form.

When finished submit the form. It may take yahoo a few days to reply because it takes time to verify the information. If you provided enough information to verify the account is yours they will send you a password reset link.

Ultimately you will need to verify that this is your account or else you will not be able to get back in. Unfortunately since the internet can be a very dishonest place yahoo is unable to take anyone on their word.

If you get confused or need help during any part of the process please do not hesitate to reply to me and let me know so I can further assist. Most importantly you must provide them with an email address that they can contact you at under where it says alternate email address.

I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating Yahoo or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.

Thank You
-Chris