John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Sadly I have just had a telephone call telling me that I had

Customer Question

Sadly I have just had a telephone call telling me that I had viruses on my computer and I paid them around £165 to pay for them to be removed. Can you tell me if this was a genuine call or was I a victim of theft?

XXXXX XXXXXden. [email protected]
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you.

John :

Ma'am it seems like a scam call.did the caller mention where they are calling from or from which company?

Customer:

No she did not.

John :

OK doesn't even mention about the company?

John :

what all details did you give to the caller?

Customer:

No nothing just said I had virues and paid stupidly.

Customer:

My card to pay and no doubt have lost £165

John :

OK its a scam call that is for sure. i am really sorry about it.i suggest you block the card

John :

Do not rate now

John :

i have some more suggestions for you

John :

You can report it to your local authorities also can report it on this website http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

John :

You didn't give access to your PC am i correct

John :

When you report it on the site or to the local authorities give as much as details including the caller number

Customer:

Yes my compiter was open when she ranga

John :

No did she asks to open any specific webpage or do anything on the PC?

Customer:

No she obviously used my computer name.

John :

how did you came to know that she used your computer name,can you be more specific

Customer:

I am 77years old so I am not alerted enough to disrust anyone. I will know next time.

Customer:

Thanks for your help - I do not think you can do more. I will ring my bank in the morning.

John :

You are welcome,if this happens again just notice the caller details and hung up the phone also do not give any of your personal details including email address.

John :

There are also scams like these through emails so avoid spam emails and suspicious emails do not open any links in such emails

John :

Is there anything else you like to know ?

John :

If you do not have further questions and if you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options just below this chat box select the rating and click on submit that will do it. If you feel the need to rate me negatively, please stop and let me know what else you need to know so that I can help you further.Have a Great God Blessed Day.