Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Computer screen keeps going from half size to full size and

Computer screen keeps going from half size to full size and back again constantly. This keeps happening?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please the make and model of the computer and when this problem started?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Samsung NP300E5C laptop. Started about 6 weeks ago

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ian

I want you to do this as the first step please.

Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and let me know if it still has the problem please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done as asked and then restarted the computer, it has done the small to large screen just twice since the reboot? Whereas it was doing it all the time. It now seems to be behaving properly and I keep trying different things which made it do this. Such as typing and moving the screen, which made it worse?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It was a corrupted process Ian, if it is doing it less now.

Moving the screen would be the best test.

Is it doing it at all now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it has just done it again

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok we will do a system restore

Can you close all programs.

Click start and type in

system restore

press enter

Follow the onscreen steps and choose a restore point from before the problem started.

Let this complete and test if it still does it.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I have gone back to a restore before problems but still changing as before from half to full. Seems ok now when typing but move the screen and it changes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ian, then we know the issue.

It is the connection between the screen and the mainboard.

This is why when moving it, it changes.

It will be loose, and the movement will lose the connection slightly which is why it resizes. We know this as no software is involved when moving the screen.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have this repaired. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry