Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

Hi, I have a Humax Foxsat-HDR which I bought in Jan. 2010 and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Humax Foxsat-HDR which I bought in Jan. 2010 and has been working well until recently when it no longer records programs set or if it does it starts to play back for a few minutes and then stops and reverts back to current program. After this I am not able to change channels without turning of at the mains and rebooting. Is the hard drive broken? or are there any updates that I have missed that could fix this?
Mike
Category: Computer
Expert:  Wes replied 3 years ago.

Wes :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page so you can return here if we get disconnected. Do you have the unit inside of any kind of home theater cabinet? If so, that can cause erratic behavior with devices like this

Wes :

Also, hard drive errors on the Hard Drive can also cause problems like this.

Customer:

No it is just on a TV shelf in the open.

Wes :

Then it is probably hard drive corruption. You can try to get into the hidden system information menu: First, bring up the System Information menu page:

Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information

Access to the hidden menu is by an undocumented service code. In sequence, on the handset press Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Green, Yellow, Blue (ignore the "no entry" icon that appears on the screen).

Customer:

K will try this later and will let you know if it works but what do I do once I get the hidden menu up?

Wes :

See if there are diagnostics or error reports in there. It's probably not going to fix the problem because if you are getting HD errors the drive is going and will need to be replaced which is possible to do yourself if you're savvy enough.

Customer:

I am not very savvy with this sort of thing so if it cant be fixed cheaply I suppose it will have to be replaced.

Wes :

I would go that route then because it is 4 years old after all.

Customer:

OK thank you.