Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I fitted my new view box and router. Seemed ok at first but

I fitted my new view box and router. Seemed ok at first but very slow to start but now still very slow and after about 10 mins of viewing loose tv picture and sound. All lights flashing in sequence on box front. Eventually just one light and screen shows Talktalk waking up, Please wait etc. Picture returns but goes after about 10 mins again Help please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Are you having any issues with internet at all on the computer?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Internet seems ok, I am receiving and sending mail ok

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks John

Can you power off the Viewbox and wait 10 minutes.

This will allow the memory to clear.

Then power it on and tell me please how it now functions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Done. Now 3 lights flashing in sequence.Shall I turned on tv?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
yes please, and tell me if it is now functioning correctly John
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Box and tv power on now for 10 mins. Still 3 lights on box,plain blue screen on tv, no picture

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

I want you to reset the View Box please

press the YouView button on your remote control and go to Settings > Device Management > Reset YouView Box. Choose ‘Yes’ and you’ll get a warning message. Press OK to continue

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if it is now functioning correctly please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard I am sorry to be so thick (I am old) but to get the options do you point the remote at the tv with tv on .Doesn't seem any reaction

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Its ok John!

Yes you point it at the TV.

It is not responding at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nope. Screen flashing a bit between blue and grey. TV done for?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It is the viewbox that is the problem John, as it is not giving any signal.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the unit that shorts out, and causes the device to fail.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh Calamity! Thanks for help Richard. Do I need to speak to Talktalk or is there any contact between you and them? ( will give a good rating on your reply!0

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You need to speak to them directly John, I am only an engineer here.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry