Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Kindle Paperwhite wont charge up. I can see that power

Customer Question

My Kindle Paperwhite won't charge up. I can see that power is on as a yellow light comes on but it goes off after a while and never goes to green.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Is the Kindle still functioning, meaning it is still turning on and is operational?

Please let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it is not turning on. I assumed that it because it needed charging but it will not charge up.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Helen,

I just wanted to know if it still had power.

How are you charging it? Via the USB port on your computer or via a power socket from the wall?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried both. There is power because a yellow light come on when I first plug it in.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Yellow means it is charging, else it would be red, so the battery is not the issue.

I saw you may have done this, but want to be sure this is the exact steps you took Helen.

Remove the power cable and then hold the power button off for 2 minutes, then release.

Then connect the power cable and wait 5 minutes.

Then try to turn it on.

Let me know the results please