Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

just asked question re mail. [email protected]

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please what the problem is your having with your email?

And which email service this is? eg: Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i cannot open gmail because the password XXXXX use is not working. I set up a new password XXXXX that is not working. I need you to get me a password XXXXX will open my mail urgently.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

I cannot get the password XXXXX you, no one can as this would bypass the security (so anyone could access anyone elses account).

First, when was the last time you could log into your account Patricia?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

two nights ago. what should I do to create new password XXXXX my gmail account that will open it now.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

What you need to do is reset your password.

to do this, can you click on my link below please.

Click me to open

follow the steps to reset your password XXXXX when you have done this, use this new password XXXXX sign into your account.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it seems as though my email address has changed it should be:[email protected] and it comes up [email protected], will this matter with people who use the first one

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
yes, as you wont receive them,

Your logged into the wrong account Patricia, Sign out of the incorrect account, then sign into the correct account please within Gmail.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do I sign out of old and in to new

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
When your in Gmail, click on the Blue Circle with the person in it in the top right and select Sign out.

you are then brought into the Sign in page. There you can set the correct email address and sign in.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it looks like to correct address is there. can you send me an email to check it please.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I am not allowed to on this site sorry, but if you signed in with the correct address, it is 100% correct.

But send an email to yourself from there, then you know for sure.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my email address has reverted to the wrong one. It is coming up as "[email protected]" and not the correct username which is "[email protected] I paid you €38 last week to fix this and it has broken again.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, you need to sign out again as your signing into the wrong account Patricia.

In Gmail, click on the blue circle with the person in it, top right, then click Sign out.

Then sign into the correct account please.

Let me know the results please