Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My new acer tablet has a problem with the display. It was normal

My new acer tablet has a problem with the display. It was normal and now us all in a negative view. I have factory reset it with no luck. Please help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.

cvd4311 :

Can you give me more information about what is on your tablet that you said was a negative view? Is it not booting or is it frozen? Please let me know in more detail what is actually going on. If you have done a factory reset it should have reset everything but keep in mind that doing that also deletes everything you have put on it since you bought it. Also how long ago did you purchase?

Customer:

Hi this was brought a few weeks ago. Everything is working but it looks like an old fashioned negative photo on the screen photos and apps?

cvd4311 :

okay did you download any photos to your acer tablet? Also did you try to delete the photo out of your app photo box?

cvd4311 :

Also did you try this to delete photo: open the gallery app, then press folder/gallery and then click on garbarge and or delete button. it should then delete that photo off of your screen.

Here or in depth instructions on how to delete photos: tap the gallery icon, it opens and displays the groups of photos and where they are, for example, Downloads, Camera, SD, External SD, if you want to delete a photo tap on it's location, IE, Camera etc , the photos taken by the camera will open in a group, find the one you want to delete and "long touch" on it, a menu bar will appear at the top of the screen, on the right hand side you will see a dustbin icon, touch this to delete the selected photo.

cvd4311 :

You can also go to this link and follow the exact same instructions I have given you above "http://androidqueries.com/deleting-pictures-gallery-app-acer-iconia-tab-a500-8247.html".

cvd4311 :

Keep me posted and let me know if the above instructions have helped you. If not we will try another way ( you might have to do a factory reset again) and reset up your acer tablet once again. But before you do that again, follow instructions.

cvd4311 :

One other option (and you can try this after you have tried other instructions above), download the quickpic app and try to delete the pictures from there. They should then take off any pictures including that old fashioned Negative one that you are getting.

cvd4311 :

Also if you downoaded from Google + then go there and delete and then resync your tablet with your computer.

Customer:

Sorry this has not helped. It is not one photo that is in a negative image bit the tablet screen and all apps .

cvd4311 :

Let me ask a question. You did do a full factory reset and then it restarted your tablet and you reset up everything again right?

Customer:

Yes that's correct. But after factory reset and restart the screen was still all in negative view.

cvd4311 :

Okay I am going to opt out for another expert. Once someone comes online it wills send you an email or you can always come back to this screen. Just make sure you don't answer until another expert comes online or it will pull me back over. Sorry I couldn't help any further.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the procedure you did to perform the Factory Reset?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went into settings and selected restore to factory settings. The tablwt shut down and restarted.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

This was the correct procedure.

It is the LCD controller in the Tablet that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it. The fact that the issue continues, confirms it is the controller that is faulting, and (as this is part of the mainboard) the mainboard needs to be replaced.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry