Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I recently installed windows 8.1 on my PB oneTwo all-in-one

I recently installed windows 8.1 on my PB 'oneTwo all-in-one' machine running Windows 7. Everything was ok for about a month, but then it crashed and I had to do a complete factory reset. Could this be a compatibility problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me exactly what happened with the crash?

What error codes and messages did it give?

Please let em know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The problem began when a blue screen kept saying that an error had occurred and it was restarting

I can't remember the exact error codes as they didn't stay on the screen for very long.

After restarting multiple times, finally it showed the PB black startup screen briefly, then a black screen with just a cursor flashing.

Do you know if this PB machine is compatible with Windows 8.1?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is compatible Christine, and should run without any issues.

The crashes where due to either corruption in windows or a hardware issue that is occurring on the computer, but it was not due to Windows 8.1 being installed, it will generally run this without problems.

The symptoms you described point to a likely hardware issue (most likely to be with the motherboard) and I would really advise, whilst it is still under warranty, to return it and have a hardware diagnostics performed to confirm and have the faulting component replaced.

It is almost certain the problem will re-occur regardless of the version of windows installed.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.