Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hi i own a Samsung galaxy 2 tablet ,a couple of weeks ago no

Hi i own a Samsung galaxy 2 tablet ,a couple of weeks ago no when trying to access my emails from Hotmail it kept saying cannot connect to server, Ihave been trying everything and now I'm totally confused,I'm a real newby to internet etc but now fear i could have deleted vital data and info ,my son helped me set things up but we have got so confused with it we feel we are just going round in circles
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

On your computer, if you click my link below

www.hotmail.com

Are you able to sign into your account there?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i keep responding but nobody is getting back to me just going round in circles again, now tablet is saying this isnot asecure site and to veiw certificates

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I only received this response Paul

Did you do my last instructions? What was the result?

Please let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi again it took me to microsoft login put in my hotmail address and requested new password XXXXX let me login and took me to outlook which appears to hold my emails but has left me confused iff this is the site is for my emails how do i access it ?hotmail was easy i just pressed their icon on my home page

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
This is the email site you use Paul.

We just needed to confirm your account was ok.

Now on the Tablet, go to the Email app, then go to Settings, and remove the email account from the Tablet.

Once it is removed, add it back again

This web page will show you how to do this

Click me to view

Once added, it will then work again.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do i find email app

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It is the icon you press to open your emails Paul.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

think iv done it richard why did it happen in the first place?so i dont make mistake again

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It was the password XXXXX was the issue Paul, this is why it had you change it as part of my instructions.

You did not cause this, it can happen with Hotmail and if it ever happens again, you just need to repeat the instructions I gave (or let me know here).

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just one more how do i save this into a browser then recover it again? im sure i can only get better at this tablet buissines,as you must know at times it can be frustrating and confusing

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I do know, but its a step by step learning process.

you cannot save this in the browser as such, as it is always saved on the server.

All you need to do is return to this page Paul, the information will always be available for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so if i save your email you have just sent this will take me back to this page? sorry for being a pest, but also lost camra icon at bottom left of tablet next to home page house symbal

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You are in no way being a pest, your a customer, and you are welcomed to ask what you need to know :)

Yes, you just use the email as it has a link back here to this page Paul.

To get the camera icon back, hold your finder on a blank part of the home screen until a menu shows.

Choose to add a an App, then hold on the camera icon from the list and drag it to where you want to place the Camera App.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for all your help richard, im sure i will be back: but will it cost 28 pounds every time i need help?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
There is a subscription option Paul which is a lot cheaper, but I do not know all the details about costs (I am just an engineer here).

But if you email
[email protected]

They can answer all your questions about costs and payments for you.

If you need anything else, please let me know

and please remember the rating by clicking one of the Smiley faces below please Paul

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry