Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I am seeking support to resolve a BLUE SCREEN on my lapt

I am seeking support to resolve a 'BLUE SCREEN' on my laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 3 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Kamil and i will do my best to assist you.

Can you tell me where and when does it appears and may i connect to your computer to check the error logs?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Kamil. Thank you for connecting. I can send you the error message and error log files (the next time it happens to make sure that it they are current).

Basically it happens whenever I leave the laptop for more than about 5 minutes and whenever I try to get it to go to sleep.

I also have what is another general problem which may be associated namely very slow performance. Can you also look at and advise/help fix this?

I am happy to consider allowing you to remotely access my computer; I need some indication of how I would be assured of your qualifications to do the job and how I giving you access will not erode my 'security' (I have a lot of sensitive/personal data on my laptop)

If we reach an agreement I am willing to agree an hourly rate which I will pay on an achieving an agreed outcome

It is important to get this right and sustained. It is not desperately urgent; I would rather exchange initial information and schedule when you would do the job.

What do you think?

Peter

Hi Peter

There is no extra charges for me to look in and fix it.

I have been verified by JustAnswer and i will not be looking or touching your data, i will only be checking the dump files to see what the blue screen error log points to.

You can see my qualifications next to my name, also if the problem is software related we may be able to resolve it, incase of hardware issue we might not be able to resolve it but i will be able to point you out what to do.

Secondly, if there is alot of sensitive data i would advise you to take a backup of it before i login.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Kamil. Thanks. I am travelling today. Could I plan for you to do this early tomorrow morning (Friday 14th)?

Yes, not a problem.

Can do this tomorrow morning, just leave me a message.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK will do. Thank you. Peter

you're welcome.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Kamil. This is the first opportunity I have had to link to you. Could you let me know when you are next able to remotely access my laptop. Thanks. Peter

Hi Peter

I am now available - Shall we connect?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Kamil. I have only just seen your message from late yesterday. I am not available today. Next opportunity is early Sunday morning. Peter
Hi Peter

No problem; i'll be available.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
From what time? Peter
04.00 AM until 11:00 AM
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Kamil. I expect to be around at about 07:00. And will alert you. Thx. Peter.
Hi Peter

No problem

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Kamil

I am available to allow you to access my laptop

Peter

Hi Peter

Please click on the link below and run the downloaded program:

https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=965296

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Kamil. My system seems stuck on'logging off'. Shall I force it to close down? Peter via my iphone. XXXXXXXXXXX
Peter

Yes, please forcefully restart it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am back. Again it seems to be stuck on 'shutting down'
Please restart it again forcefully.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Kamil. Has system got stuck? Can I do anything? Are you happy to carry on? P
Yes, please restart.
Hi Peter

I am going to restart the computer so it will run a disc check. It can take 3 to 4 hours.

Please let it run, once it is completed, leave me a message.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Thanks
Please come to logmeinchat.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Kamil. Do I named to think about a different product to Norton? A clowd based solution? Peter

Peter

Norton should work, but i beleive it had been conflicting with other programs like (Trusteer) Right now, you should consider about getting an external drive and keep C:\ free as much as you can. The drive is at 92% hence one reason for the error-birth that is resulting in many problems.

After you free up the space on the drive, check if the blue screen still comes, as ive removed the conflicting programs and done some other steps to improve performance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Kamil. I have just come back to my system. It was offering me the login screen. I looked in and there appears to be no system activity. Had it finished? Can I use it? Peter
Yes, you can use it.