Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I bought a HP2000 in America and didnt load it till I got

I bought a HP2000 in America and didn't load it till I got back to England, since doing this and putting in a password XXXXX have forgot the password XXXXX can't remember it now so can't LOAD UP CAN YOU HELP ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please tell me the exact model of your HP laptop? (Like HP Pavilion DV2350)
Also, is your Windows 8 account a local account or a Microsoft account? I am asking because in Windows 8, you can use a local account if you do not have a Microsoft ID. But you can also login using a Microsoft ID like Hotmail or MSN.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi The model is a HP model number EOM 17ua aba serial number 5CG34743RF

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ray,

Thank you for writing back. One way to regain access to your laptop is to perform a factory restore. This will rebuild the computer into its out-of-the-box state. However, this process will wipe out all of your personal file.

Do you want to do a factory restore?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

|I will try the factory restore . Thanks

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.

Ray,

Yes, if you have not created a lot of files like Microsoft Word or Excel files there, then you can rebuild the laptop by doing a Factory Restore. This will make your laptop work like new in its out-of-the-box state.

For the steps to perform a factory restore, please click on this HP guide:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03546603&cc=us&destPage=document&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0002&lc=en&tmp_docname=c03546603#N302

If you can't get to the restore screen, do these steps:

1. Turn on HP laptp
  2. Press F11
  3. Select Keyboard Layout
  4. Click Troubleshoot
  5. In the Troubleshoot screen, select "Reset your PC"
  6. Then follow the on screen procedures to restore to factory settings.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ray,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to let me know, I am here to help.

Best regards,
Jess