Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

I have a sony xperia go phone which is about 8 weeks old.

Customer Question

I have a sony xperia go phone which is about 8 weeks old. it has just switched off and will not switch on at all. I have changed the settings related to the internet and the pictures I use as wallpaper this evening, I also tried to remove the memory card. It is not doing anything now, even when I put it onto charge the little light is not coming on.
I don't know if you can advise.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your phone can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your phone.

If that doesn't work, please try the procedure below:
1. Press and hold the Volume UP and Power button at the same time for exactly 15 seconds.
2. After 15 seconds, release the power button.

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the phone into the charger for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold Power button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the phone to reboot.

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No these steps have not worked. It is still doing nothing at all.

What else can I try please?

Tks

Helen

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your reply.

If none of the previous solutions works please try the next troubleshooting step.

1. Remove battery and SIM card (if you have SIM card in your phone)
3. Remove SD memory card (if you have SD card in your phone)
4. Wait 3 minutes.
5. After 3 minutes, replace SIM card and battery but not SD card
6. Press and hold Volume UP and Power button until phone vibrate 3 times, then release buttons.

Let me know please if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The battery is not supposed to be removable and there are no instructions in the instruction book to do this, one of the features of this phone is supposed to be water resistance, I think that is why I am not meant to get to it, it all looks sealed. I was trying to remove the memory card earlier and I could not get it out. I will remove the sim card as I know how to do this.

I have removed the sim card and followed that part of the instruction but the battery should not and I don't think can be removed, I can see that this would to some extent reset the phone but it just does not apply to this model. It has not worked, no response at all.

Thank you for your reply.

Xperia GO - version ST27 have removable back cover, so phone is not waterproof. If none of the previous solutions works, this problem sounds like a hardware issue. But, before my final answer, let's check every possibility to be sure it isn't something wrong with the software.

The last solution for this kind of issue will be to perform hard reset. I'll provide you only with the first step of this procedure. Please try it and let me know if there is any sign of life. You have to press and hold Volume UP and Volume Down at the same time. After 10 seconds while still holding Volume buttons press and hold Power button (3 buttons at the same time).

Let me know what happens please.

Regards,

Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On this phone the volume up and down button on this phone is one long button on the side it is not two separate buttons. I have done what you say, using the long volume button and the power button but nothing has happened.

Tks

Helen

Thank you Helen.

If none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).

Bad news is that your phone is defective. I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, hard reset). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.

Good news is that your phone is still under 1-year warranty. You have to contact your seller or Sony warranty support service at +44 (0)8705 237 237 in order to receive a new phone for free.

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue on your phone that can't be resolved online.

If you are not satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me). Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button (just reply "Please refund my deposit") and I'll connect you with our refund office (your deposit will be refunded).

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please refund my deposit.

No problem.

To request a refund, please click the following link: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/refund/refund.aspx

Regards,
Todd