Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

My computer will not accept my log on password XXXXX I have not

My computer will not accept my log on password XXXXX I have not made a back up disc for my password. How can get into my computer ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

Hi Gavin. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to assist. When you log in to your computer are you being told that the password XXXXX XXXXX good or are you getting some other type of message? If another type of message can you post it here?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I switch on the computer and enter my password XXXXX displays :

The user profile service failed to log on

User profile cannot be loaded

OK.

Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Gavin. That message indicates that corruption has occurred in your user profile. We can attempt a System Restore to try and fix the issue. To start the restore, start or re-start your computer and as soon as you see the manufacturer's logo begin steadily tapping the F8 key. You should shortly see the Advanced Boot menu. Using the up/down arrow keys select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter. Enter your password XXXXX prompted.

.

You will get a black screen where you will see this prompt: C:\Windows\System32>

At that prompt enter: rstrui.exe and press enter. This will launch System Restore

(it may not start immediately so please give it some time)

When the System Restore window opens click Next and place a checkmark in the box labeled Show More Restore Points. Select a restore point with a date you are certain you could log in on and click Next.

.

Follow the prompts to start the restore. The machine will restart when the restore is complete and you should then be able to log in normally. Sometimes the first restore point will not work. If that happens perform the procedure again and choose the next oldest restore point and work your way back if needed.

-

I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.