Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My youview box is stuck on channel 716 and I cant go up or

My youview box is stuck on channel 716 and I can't go up or down channels to get to normal channels
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you remove the power from the Viewbox and wait 5 minutes.

Plug the power back in and tell me please if it is now functioning correctly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did this. can move up and down channels - but is now stuck all the time on "loading" and cannot get any channels

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Rita.

We will then do the following.

Power off the Youview, and your internet modem and wait 5 minutes.

Then power on the internet modem and wait 5 minutes.

Then power on the Youview and tell me if it is now functioning please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Is still stuck on 716 music programme. Doesn't come up with "You View Nearly Ready" when I switch it on now either, just is the music. Rita

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Rita

It is the internal memory that has faulted in the Youview.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by restarting it. The fact that the problem continues, confirms the memory as the issue.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.