Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Bought a Sony E series Ci5 Processor almost a year ago. Problems

Bought a Sony E series Ci5 Processor almost a year ago. Problems with keyboard and 'mouse' sticking.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

what is the model number of the sony e series.

Customer:

Model SVE151J13M

Michelle :

press and hold down the power button for 5 to 10 seconds the computer must turn off

Michelle :

remove the battery and wait for few mins

Michelle :

connect the battery and the ac adapter and turn on the computer let it boot and let me know if the keys still hangs or freeze

Customer:

Will have to try that another day as haven't a clue where battery is and prefer not to meddle. When I can get help from this end I will come back to you.

Customer:

Thank you. Meantime you may be able to assist in another query. Need to back up and haven't done it on this laptop before. Have a WD Elements PORTABLE hard drive but having plugged it in don't know where to go from there. When used before I was on Windows 7 and I dragged stuff to it but now am on Windows 8.1 and nothing seems obvious.

Michelle :

you dont have to remove the battery, you can follow the other step

Customer:

OK

Michelle :

check this video you will be able to use the backup program in windows 8

Michelle :

let me know if you still have more question feel free to ask

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX backup. What it doesn't seem to do is back up my internet file on Favourites. Can this be done?

Michelle :

if you are using internet explorer then you can follow the steps to backup your favorites and the cookies from the following link below

Michelle :

Please dont rate the my solution or the answer till you are 100% satisfied please use the reply to expert button to let me know if it has helped or not. Thank you.