1. Start in Safe mode again. Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the R key to open the Run window.
2. Type msconfig and click OK to open the System Configuration utility.
3. Click the Startup tab.
4. Click the Disable All button.
5. Click the Services tab.
6. Click the box for Hide Microsoft services and then click the Disable All button.
7. Click OK and then reboot when prompted.
8. When the computer comes back up, does it boot fully up?
Thanks seems to work for the moment but will be in touch if it decides to crash again!
1. If you can get on the Internet from your computer, please download MBAM AntimalwareBytes from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/malwarebytes-anti-malware
2. Go thru the short installation wizard, accepting all the defaults.
3. At the end of the installation, make sure both checkboxes (one for updating and one for starting the program) are checked, but CLEAR the box for the Pro Trial.
4. The program will update and then start.
5. Choose Quick Scan and then click the Scan Now button.
6. The scan will take several minutes to complete.
7. When it is complete, click the Show Results button.
8. Make sure everything in the list is checked (it should be checked by default) and then click Fix Selected.
9. The threats will be removed from your computer.
10. Close the log file and reboot your computer.