Glad to hear that worked. Definitely seems like a software problem and you may want to run a malware scan on the computer just to make sure everything is good. Here are those instructrions:
1. If you can get on the Internet from your computer, please download MBAM AntimalwareBytes from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/malwarebytes-anti-malware
2. Go thru the short installation wizard, accepting all the defaults.
3. At the end of the installation, make sure both checkboxes (one for updating and one for starting the program) are checked, but CLEAR the box for the Pro Trial.
4. The program will update and then start.
5. Choose Quick Scan and then click the Scan Now button.
6. The scan will take several minutes to complete.
7. When it is complete, click the Show Results button.
8. Make sure everything in the list is checked (it should be checked by default) and then click Fix Selected.
9. The threats will be removed from your computer.
10. Close the log file and reboot your computer.