Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have just renewed our iMac. The printer - Kodak ESP C315

I have just renewed our iMac. The printer - Kodak ESP C315 - has a CD (Version 6.2) to install software. The new iMac has no CD slot. I have managed to connect the printer to our router and the blue light shows the WiFi is working. I have tried to install the printer but it asks for a Driver and the only one there was Kodak Easyshare-Printer-Dock-Gutenprint v5.2.3 so in desperation I clicked on it. But it does not work. Can you help with this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You can download the driver and run it this way, without needing the CD.

To do this, click on my link below to download the driver

Click me to view

Once you have downloaded it, run it and perform the installation to use the printer.

After this you will then be able to print.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard

Your link isn't working for me.

D

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, it is working for me, so not sure of this.

But I have uploaded it to another site D, sorry about the delay, it took some time to upload.

You can download it from here

http://tinyurl.com/qaxpg3c

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, downloaded but cannot run because Apple does not recognise it as one of its apps.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Can you give the exact error it gave please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

... it is from an unidentified developer.

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers."

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Open it this way please

While holding down the control key on your keyboard, click the application's icon once to make a dropdown menu appear.

Control + click to open the context menu, then select Open from the top

Select Open from the menu. A new window will appear.

Click Open in that window to launch the application. You should only need to do this once per application, on the first launch. After that, you'll be able to launch the application.

Confirm that you want to launch the application then let it run.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeah, I shall try this again for you. I have been doing this right click to override it but a second window comes up from Apple preventing me. Just having another go.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, Let me know the results please as we have another way to do this if it fails.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I ticked a box to tell them to stop sending the message and I am in the middle of downloading now.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Didi.

If it can complete the installation, then the printer is then installed.