Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

an usual question but I am having problems downloading my facebook

an usual question but I am having problems downloading my facebook lookback video onto computer. I wanted assistance. I have followed the instructions online but having problems coping code into console tab eg google crome/tool/developer tools/console. There is no option to paste code in
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

First, click this link to find yours. It will prompt you to log into your account if your password XXXXX’t already saved on your computer.

While on your Look Back page, open a javascript debugger (easier than it sounds—see next bullet), and paste this code in the space, then press enter.

To open a javascript debugger:

• Mac: ALT-COMMAND-J
  • Windows: CTRL-SHIFT-J or F12 then click the Script tab
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I keep getting stuck when it gets to paste option. I go into javascript console and that place. I cant paste what i have copied.

is that the same thing as javascript debugger, if not, can you please provide me with step by step

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
To open Javascript Debugger:

Press F12 on your keyboard while you are on the Facebook page and paste it into the debugger
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it does not allow me to paste

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Mary,

Are you using the code from here: https://gist.github.com/Darrenmeehan/8804348
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no option to paste into the console. that was why i posted the question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i press right click to paste. the option are preserve log upon navigation, logxmhm requests etc no paste option

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Mary,

On the lookback page press CTRL+SHIFT+J (all three keys together)

Now you see will see a space at the bottom where you can paste into the field (you can paste to the right of the two arrows)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as i said above, please read the options i said it is coming up with

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Mary,

Instead of right clicking and select paste, try using this keyboard shortcut for pasting..

Press CTRL and V together

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
"The developer console is temporarily disabled; see https://www.facebook.com/selfxss for more information"

Careful. This might not do what you think.

This is a browser feature intended for developers. If someone told you to copy-paste something here to enable a Facebook feature or "hack" someone's account, it is probably a scam and will give them access to your Facebook account.
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Mary,

You will have to enable the console through this link: https://www.facebook.com/selfxss