James
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.
24111805

Have Lenovo tablet. Recently experiencing buffering trying

Have Lenovo tablet. Recently experiencing buffering trying to watch blinkbox or i-player. Do I need to add, can I purchase, more memory to overcome this? Have tried to delete files/apps not needed, hasn't helped with this problem.
Category: Computer
Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.

May I know how much memory you have now?

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I'm not sure whatever was standard when I bought them tablet in Nov last year. Its a new problem this buffering.

Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
Okay, so it's a relatively new machine. There is absolutely no chance the problem has to do with memory.

What kind of Internet connection do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have 3 mifi but also with house's broadband connection, does this help or do you need to know download speed, think the mifi is around 65 but house line up to 156.

Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
Okay, got it.

Are you connected to the house line, or to a MiFi when streaming?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

House line mostly but have also tried mifi to see which works better, having problem on both

Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
Got it.

Are you using Internet Explorer for streaming?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Think its Google chrome

Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
Okay, let's try something.
Click here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

Drag the slider until it shows 10MB.

Close Chrome, restart it, and see if the buffering looks better please.

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry it says I need flash player and my device doesn't support it - I know very irritating that I didn't know this when I bought the tablet,

Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
Okay, got it.

Any chance you can test it on someone else's network? Like a friend?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry not an option, I'm working as a live in carer that moves between clients (read all very old people) who are even more clueless than me about computer know how. I bought it from PC World, do to suggest I take it into a branch where hopefully they can sort it? Alternatively will be with my brother-in-law in a weeks time and if I know what to ask him to do could wait?

Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.

I assume you already restarted it, right?

I can tell you that 99.9% of the time, problem is with the local Internet connectivity. I know you tried both a house connection and a MiFi, but I guess they both go through the same provider (and MiFi are usually not so good for streaming anyway).

At the store they can certainly test it - they will have their own fast wireless, so you will be able to immediately see if the problem is the Internet connection or the tablet.

I hope this makes sense!

J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK will do that. If what you are saying is the area might be the problem, I'm currently in Anglesey so that could be the problem, haven't had this issue with mifi when in civilisation!! And don't always have the benefit of house broadband. Thanks for the advice, night night.

Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
It is my pleasure, I'm glad I could help!

Can you please rate my service by clicking one of the faces under my answer?

I very much appreciate your patience and business!

Thanks,

James.