Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

How do I synchronise my two kindles (an ordinary one ) and

Customer Question

How do I synchronise my two kindles (an ordinary one ) and the paper white I have been given for a present ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Yes, you can transfer (synchronize) all books between your Kindles. Your books are stored on the Amazon cloud, so all you need to do is to register new Kindle (Paperwhite) using the same Amazon account you have on your old Kindle (one Amazon account for two Kindles). After registration all your books will be transferred on your new Kindle as soon as you connect it to wifi internet.

Using one Amazon account you can register up to 6 Kindle devices.

If you want to transfer/sync only specific books please following the procedure below:
1. Log in into your Amazon account
2. Go to Manage your Kindle
3. Click on the "Actions..." dropdown beside the title and select "Download & transfer via USB."
4. Select the Kindle device you will transfer the file to and click the "Download" button.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if i have forgotten my account password what do I do

I thought it was emailk of :[email protected]

and password of Coconut01 but it does nto register - how do I check out what it is now ?

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your reply.

No problem. Use the procedure below to reset your Amazon account password.

1. Please go to this URL web page - click here to reset your password
2. Enter your email address registered to Amazon
3. Type the code from the picture
4. Click Continue
5. Open your email box. There you will find email with subject "Amazon.com Password Assistance". Open that email and click on the link that will allow you to reset your Amazon password.

Please let me know if you need more help. I'll be online waiting for your reply and happy to provide you with more information.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Followed that procedure reset password and turned off kindle and back on again but it is still not sycronising ?

Graham, did you register new Kindle with the same Amazon account you have on your old Kindle?

Please go to the web page below - click here

Sing in using Amazon account and new password. On the left side select "All Items". Is there any book? (there you should see all books you have on the old Kindle).

1. Connect your Paperwhite to wifi
2. From Home, tap the Menu icon (3 lines icon)
3. Tap "Sync & Check for Items".

Please keep me updated and don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done all that and still not sycronising as paperwhite is saying no new items ?

That's strange.

Just to be sure, when you log into Amazon account is there any book on the list?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

only the stuff that is actually free on the paper white kindle

Thank you for your reply.

Do have only one account registered on Amazon?

Perform the procedure below to find out how many Kindles are registered with your Amazon account

1. Go to the web page below - click here to open web page
2. Log in using your Amazon account information
3. On the left side select "Manage Your Devices"

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

4. Check list of devices registered

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok we are getting somewhere I think

the only devices registered are the new paper white and my ipad but not the ordinary kindle ?

How on earth do I find out where that is registered to ?

I assumed that you registered new Kindle with your 2nd Amazon account.

Let's find out your 1st Amazon account.

To do that, I need to know what is the exact model of your old Kindle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had it approx. one and half years and its the basic model where you use the square line mover at the bottom up down and sideways does that help ?

I cannot see any model number on the device itself ?

Are you able to enter the Settings on the old one? Or Device Info?

There you can find the model number (should start with B0XXX)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

looks like DO1100?

It's Kindle 4.

From Home screen select Settings. Use the Next page button and Previous Page buttons to view all the options. Find "Registration". There you can find Amazon account name (and email) to which your Kindle is registered.

Keep me updated please. Thanks!
For the privacy protection your email is blocked, so I can see it.

Please go to www.amazon.co.uk and try to log in using that email.

If you don't know password use the link below to reset it - click here

After you log into Amazon, we will have to deregister your Paperwhite and to register it with this Amazon account. I'll provide you with that instruction later. Please try to log in with the email you have set on old Kindle and let me know the result.

Thanks,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done that so ready for the next step

Great. We are so close.

On your Kindle Paperwhite:
1. From Home, tap the Menu and then tap Settings.
2. Tap Registration.
3. In the Deregister Your Kindle message, tap Deregister and confirm it.

When done, use the same Amazon account you have on your Kindle 4 (old one) to register Paperwhite. Connect it to wifi internet. From Home, tap the Menu icon (3 lines icon) and select "Sync & Check for Items".

Let me know the result please. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still coming up with No new items ????

All keeps doing is asking for email address and password which I have given but does not specify any account i.e. graham Davenport ?

That's really strange.

To confirm, are you able to log into Amazon with both account?

When you log with Amazon account you found on your old Kindle, is there any books stored?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry I dont know how I am supposed to log into different accounts sorry if I'm being thick ?

I get onto amazon then kindle ?

No need for apologies Graham.

Do you have all Amazon account information (email and password) for both of your accounts?

First Amazon account - that was registered to iPad and Paperwhite.
Second Amazon account - registered Kindle 4 (old Kindle).

Please log into Amazon with your second account - click here to log in

On the left side select "All Items". Is there any book stored?

Also, select "Manage Your Devices" and check for registered devices. Is there Paperwhite on the list?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm getting ready to chuck it all out of the window with frustration !

When I log into Amazon all it asks is for me email and password which should now be the same on both accounts but it does not ask me who the account is registered to ?

I just type in my email and password and go around the same old loop !

So how do I get out of this situation ?

On your Paperwhite - From Home, tap the Menu icon. Tap Settings, and then tap Registration.

On your old Kindle 4 - From Home screen select Settings. Use the Next page button and Previous Page buttons to view all the options. Find "Registration".

Do you have the same email registered on both of your Kindles?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The paperwhite is showing : Registered User as : Graham

The old kindle 4 is showing : Registered User as: Graham Davenport

The cat is now fed up and gone to bed !

Kidnles are still not registered with the same Amazon account.

On Paperwhite: From Home, tap the Menu icon and then tap Settings.
Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device.

Register it with your second Amazon account (email address from old Kindle). If, for example, graham @gmail.com i registered to the old Kindle, the same email MUST be registered to paperwhite.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i dont know what the amil account for the old kindle is ?

Graham,

If you don't know your Amazon account information registered on your old Kindle there is no way to transfer books to the new one because all books are connected with the Amazon account and stored on the Amazon cloud.

I don't have access to user accounts. Only Amazon representatives can provide you with that information. You can contact their representatives at 0800 496 1081.

Good news is that there is a way to transfer it manually. Do you want instruction how to do that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So ?

Do you want instruction how to transfer books manually?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not really I just wanna get this osrted but had enough tonight and completley fed up with the whole damn thging.

Can we pick up again on this tomorrow without it costing me more moiney because spent horus on it so far and no fruther forward.

Amazon have got all the flippiong information but cannot seem to sort it for me so ?

Graham, we at JustAnswer.co.uk (check the URL of your current webpage) are not connected with Amazon. For that reason I don't have access to their customer's accounts data base.

JustAnswer is a purported online expert question and answer website that connects visitors with verified experts in several categories including medical, legal, automotive, veterinary, and tech support.

This is very simple to sort out, unfortunately without Amazon account information this issue can be resolved only manually.

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but this issue is out of my control.

Please click the following link to request refund: click here

Regards,
Todd