Bryan
Bryan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Hardware/Software/Viruses/Malware/Spyware .. I can help you fix it all.
59162784

One of my friends is having a problem contacting me by phone,

One of my friends is having a problem contacting me by phone, all she is getting when calling my number is XXXXX message saying "this number does not receive incoming calls " which is not so. I have not requested this and have not barred her number. ???
Category: Computer
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.

Bryan :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Bryan :

Hav you had other incoming calls to your number since your friend first reported the problem to you?

Customer:

None of my other friends have had any probs

Bryan :

And they have called you since your friend first told you about the problem?

Bryan :

Are you still with me?

Bryan :

There are 2 main issues that cause this problem. I can try to help you troubleshoot but I need to know if you're still there. The first issue is that one of the numbers (caller or called) is in pre-suspension mode. The second is if one of the numbers has recently been ported from a different service provider. Let me know what you'd like to do when you return.

Customer:

Hi Bryan, none of my other friends have had any probs contacting me

Bryan :

Ok, let me ask you this way ... when did your friend first tell you about the problem?

Bryan :

Is there any chance that either you or your friend's phone are in pre-suspension?

Bryan :

Have either you or your friend recently ported your number from a different service provider?

Bryan :

Can your friend call other people without a problem?

Bryan, Computer Repairer
Experience: Hardware/Software/Viruses/Malware/Spyware .. I can help you fix it all.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like a local exchange fault, or user error.
If your friend is sure they are dialling the correct number, I would ask them to try again.
If your friend is still having an issue, I would get them to try calling your from a different landline or mobile, if the fault only occurs when calling from a specific number, its likly to be a issue with your friends phone.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning Bryan, my friend has had no chnages in her phone system, none of my other friends/contacts have has any probs getting through to me via my landline, Should the friend who is having the problem report it to BT faults? Regards Maureen,

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Definitely yes. It does sound like a problem on her end. Please let me know the outcome.