Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Bravia 32EX503 TELEVISION AND A USB

Customer Question

I have a Bravia 32EX503 TELEVISION AND A USB Wireless LAN adaptert Model No. UWA 100. THE INTERNET WAS WORKING UNTIL I GOT A NEW ROUTER FROM TALK TALK. NOW I CANNOT GET THE INTERNET ON MY TELEVISION. The TV SHOWS A 2200 FAULT. CAN YOU ADVISE. MARK XXXXXX

Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mark,

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

The 2200 Fault indicates that the TV is unable to connect successfully to an internet connection.

If you have not already done so, the TV will need to be reconfigured to connect to the new router from TalkTalk.
If the correct router has been selected and the correct password ***** already been entered, then the TV may not be compatible with the security type selected on the router.
The next step would be to temporarily disable the security settings on the router and check if the TV can then connect when the security is disabled. If it can connect ok using that method, you will need to select a different security setting in the router's configuration to allow the TV to successfully connect.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I temporarily disable the security settings on the router?

Mark XXXXXX

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Do you know how to access the routers configuration settings and change them?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mark,
Talk Talk use about 3 differnt types of routers, what is the make and model, and we can talk you through what is needed.
My guess is that you just need to enter the new wireless name and WEP\WPA key into your TV, as the new router is likly to have a different WIFI name and key.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The wireless router from Talk Talk is DSL-Broadband Wireless N

ADSL2+ROUTER

MARK XXXXXX

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
In the settings menu select "Network Setup".
Choose the option to search for a new connection, you will need your wireless WPA code, which should be on the bottom of the router (unless you change changed it).
Once you have searched and joined the network, can you see if an IP, Subnet and Gateway IP is showing in the network setup screen?
Does the Talk Talk Router you have have a make or model number on the bottom of the unit, the next step is to check the router, however hopeful joining the network should fix your issue.
J

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
Did this resolve your issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have decided to located the internet on my TV by power plugs.

There were other factors about changing information on my router

since I have changed my computer.

Mark XXXXXX

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mark,
That would probably be the best solution to give you a trouble-free connection.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,
Pete.