Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

hello, I upgraded to a samsung galaxy s4 mini last week. Today

hello, I upgraded to a samsung galaxy s4 mini last week. Today I was putting on a photo as wallpaper and I am on standard mode. My top bar has duplicate icons and the phone contact mail and app icons on the bottom will not work. I have the apps icon which will let me access my apps. I am going to America next week and need my phone. I hope you can help
Annette
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please hold down the power button for 20-25 seconds until the phone restarts. After the restart, please check to see if the issue is gone
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Josh, Sorry to say nothing has changes

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Did the phone restart fully? Please make sure you hold down the power button for the full 20-25 seconds and do not release it even if you see a blank screen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did but will do it again

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Okay. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still the same

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Are you open to a factory restore which will wipe the phone back to factory settings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does that mean I will lose all my contacts etc....and if so how would I get them back? would I be better going back to the vodafone shop I bought it in so they can store my data then reset my phone then download it into my phone again?

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Annette,

I would certainly recommend going to the Vodafone shop to back everything because you would lose your contacts, etc. The Vodafone can perform the factory restore for you or you can perform it while you are in the store if you need anymore help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok sounds like thats what I will need to do. Sorry you couldn't help but I appreciate your advice,

Annette

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
You are very welcome!

If you would be kind enough to rate this session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK below and press Submit so that I am credited with helping you, I would greatly appreciate it.