Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

Is it possible to do a restore systems from Win 8.1 back to

Is it possible to do a restore systems from Win 8.1 back to Win 8
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Dan :

Hello and thank you for your question, I would be happy to help you today. Possibly but it may cause more problems than it was worth doing. Are you having problems?

Dan :

If your computer came with Windows 8 installed, you may be able to restore it back to the original operating system.

To use this option, tap or click the bottom-right corner of the desktop (or swipe in from the right edge of the Start screen), select the gear-shaped Settings icon, and then select "Change PC settings."

In that screen, click or tap "Update and recovery," choose the Recovery option and proceed with a refresh from there. Your computer will use the system-recovery located on your hard drive's recovery partition. This will return your computer back to the condition it was in when it came out of the box. Make sure you backup any important data you want to keep to a USB drive so you don't loose it during the restore process.

Dan :

Since I have not received a response from you I will need to move on to assist other customers. Please respond to me at your convenience and I will return to assist you as soon as possible.

Customer:

Thank you. You are probably right and it will result in more problems. I think I may need to contact my sewing machine help line to see if there is anyone there who can shed some light on how to resolve the issue.

Customer:

Hi. I think you are right. It will result in more problems. I think I will need to contact my sewing machine help line to see if there is anyone there that can shed some light on how to resolve the issue.

Customer: