Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I have a digital theatre.com account and although I can use

I have a digital theatre.com account and although I can use the TV (TX-L42ET60B) to purchase screenings, when I press PLAY the message cannot play plugin appears. Any suggestions, can I for instance hook up my PC to the TV?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris. My name isXXXXX you for your question. Can I get the make and model of you PC, please? Your TV has several video inputs available. I would need the information about your computer in order to determine the best way to connect the two together.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My PC was built for me by a local computer store, looking at the outputs it just seems to have RGB and a DV1, no HDMI.

Chris

Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris. I hope I'm not interrupting your lunch. I apologize for the delay. If your PC was custom built and has a DVI output it will look like one of these below

graphic

You would only need a DVI-to-HDMI adapter attached to your PC and an HDMI cable to run to your TV to be able to make the connection. There is even a cable with DVI on one end and HDMI on the other (Blue Rigger) that may work for you. I don't know your specific DVI type but Amazon UK has a large selection and I'm sure you will find what you need here.

-

I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.