Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a Windows 8 PC that I am not getting on with hence the

I have a Windows 8 PC that I am not getting on with hence the reason why I have reverted back to this one, will I need to have it cleared beafore I try to sell it on.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Jan! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your windows 8 pc? If you do not have any data, such as documents, pictures, etc., on the windows 8 pc, then you don't have to clear.

If you want to clear, please try:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Another way to clear:

1. Turn off the windows 8 PC. Then turn it back on, but don't log in.
  2. Press & keep holding the key Shift key on the keyboard when at the login/password XXXXX
  3. Click on the Power icon, then click on Restart.
  4. Wait until a menu appears, then release the Shift key.
  5. Select the Troubleshoot / reset... option when prompted.

Note: you do not need to clear if the computer is not set up yet, or if you do not have any data/file on it.

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,