Greg A.
Greg A., Consultant / Engineer
Experience:  Working in Computer/Electronics 25+ Years, Storage Interface Expert
5229702

BT Freestyle 750 phone: Incoming calls normal ringing tone

BT Freestyle 750 phone:
Incoming calls normal ringing tone initially but becomes high-pitched and the screen goes blank, at which point the call cannot be answered although the caller can be heard leaving a message. If the call tone stays normal then the line goes dead as soon as the receiver answers the call leaving only enough time for the caller to state their name.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

May I ask the AGE of this phone system?

May I also ask if the batteries in this system (in the handsets) have EVER been replaced since the system was new?

Also, may I ask if the "secondary phone" you tried was a part of the same cordless system, or was it a "wired" (corded) phone?

(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

If you have NOT replaced the batteries in the handset(s) of this system, that is what I would suggest - as a first troubleshooting step.

I say this because from the symptoms you described, it sounds very much like the batteries are going bad and need to be replaced.

You should be able to find replacements locally, but just make sure you get the correct type (rechargeable Ni-MH) and then charge them up for at least 8-10 hours before TESTING your handset(s) again.

If you have any trouble finding the batteries locally, they can be found online for a good price. Here is one example - on Amazon >>Click here<<.

Please give that a try and let me know the results - when you can.

Best Regards, XXXXX XXXXX

(im)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the batteries and get back to you when they are charged up or if I need more info, Ruth

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ruth,

You are quite welcome.

Please let me know the results - when you can.

There may be other steps needed.

Best Regards, XXXXX