JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

I have just deleted my clippings file. How do I retrieve

I have just deleted my 'clippings' file. How do I retrieve it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  James K. replied 3 years ago.

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Clippings for firefox on a MAC , how did you remove it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Mac does not have firefox, I have chrome and safari. My clippings file was full and would not accept any more material from the book I am studying. I thought I would try and delete the content, which I had already used and make room for some new content. I clicked on the file and deleted it - on the kindle paper white, not on my Mac.

Expert:  James K. replied 3 years ago.
Perfect

This is the windows Computer section

so this is in the Wrong place

you need a diffrent expert

let me opt out and move to the correct section
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes - well somehow I was directed here after paying $38! WIll you be directing me to the right section?

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
Hi, so I understand your problem correctly, this issue around your clippings file has nothing to do with Mac, its just a case of your deleting your Clippings from your Kindle to make room, and now looking to recover it?
Assuming the above is correct..
Firstly you may be pleased to know if you had any marks they should still be accessible by search "my marks" from the book menu, since they are stored in a separate file, providing the book remains on your Kindle.
With regard to your Clippings file, have you checked if your annotations are sync'd to the cloud, if they are you should be able to log onto kindle.amazon.com and view your notes, when then allows you to copy them into another place.
You can check if Sync is enable by:
1. Going to the Home screen, select the Menu button or icon, and then select Settings.
2. Select Reading Options.
3. Check the Annotations Backup option is set to "ON".
I am affraid however recovering the file itself is not possible unless you have a copy of the clippings file stored on your Mac, I would suggest if Sync isnt enable you do this to prevent any future loss of data.
All the best
J

JamesI, Consultant
Experience: 20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.