Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

I have bought my 3rd Kindle and forgotten how to register.

I have bought my 3rd Kindle and forgotten how to register. I also changeed my password XXXXX ? Do I need to enter my wireless code and where. Jane XXXXX

Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

To register your Kindle you have to create an account from Amazon.com. If you already have Amazon account please skip this step.

1. To register Amazon account please go to the web page below - Click here to open an account

2. Create account on your computer. If you already have an account try and log into amazon.com first with that email address. If it doesnt work, use the "forgot password" option to reset your password.

To create an account on the device:

- With your Kindle Fire connected via Wi-Fi, tap the Quick Settings icon.
- Tap the More icon.
- Tap My Account.
- Tap the Create an account link and follow the onscreen instructions.

3. Check the step by step instruction video - Registering Kindle

4. Getting started with Kindle video - Click here

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Hi Jane,

You don't need to open new question, just use "Reply to Expert" button to continue conversation with me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Todd. Your instructions have not worked. I know I have WFI through the computer because it shows on my mobile. My kindle is a paper white not Kindle fire as you refer too in your email. I am already registered from my first kindle, however, I purchased my Kindle 3 in Australia and it worked there. Jane

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your reply.

Registration procedure is the same for all Kindle models. Let's try to resolve your issue step by step.

What is actually problem with your Kindle? Do you have problem to connect it to wifi or to register it?

You said "I have bought my 3rd Kindle and forgotten how to register", so I have provided you with information how to register your Kindle.

What password XXXXX you change? Your wifi password XXXXX password XXXXX your Amazon account?

Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Todd. My apologies, I have already an amazon account, however , I thought I had to register each time. My password XXXXX XXXXX my amazon account.. Problem is connecting to WFI. Jane

Thank you for additional information Jane. No, no need for apologies.

Correct, you don't need to create new account for your Kindle. With one Amazon account you can register up to 6 Kindle devices.

Do you know your wifi password (if your network is locked)?

You said that your computer is connected through wifi, what is the operating system on your computer? (XP, Windows 7, Vista etc.)

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a wireless code, which I have entered along with my password XXXXX it still says error. Operating system is XP. Jane

If your wifi password XXXXX XXXXX please try the next troubleshooting steps that can resolve this issue.

First of all, reset your Kindle and router using procedure below:
1. Disconnect the power cable from the wireless router (turn the router off)
2. On your Kindle - Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.
4. When Kindle reboot, turn on your router and wait 2 minutes.
5. After 2 minutes, try to connect your Kindle to wifi.

If that doesn't help, on your Kindle open wireless networks page (from Home page, tap Menu (3 lines icon), tap Settings and select "Wi-Fi Networks". Be sure that "Airplane Mode" is turned off.

Find your network on the list, press and hold it and select "Forget Network". Reboot your Kindle and try to connect it to wifi (Home > Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi Networks).

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Todd, Nothing happened. The forgot network did not come up on my kindle. ? where to now. Jane

That's strange.

The next step will be to reset your router.

What is the full brand and model of your router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Netopia 2247NWG- EIR Jane

Follow the steps below to reset your router:
1. Unfold a paperclip and slide an end into the reset hole (check the picture below)

2. Press and hold for 20 seconds
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for router to reset
4. If needed, set your router again (username is XXXXX XXXXX new password).
5. Use default password XXXXX connect your Kindle.

Please keep me updated. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Todd no joy. Could it be that I bought the kindle in Australia ? Jane

No, Kindle should work worldwide.

The last troubleshooting step will be to reset Kindle to the factory default. When done, you will have to set it up again (to register it using your Amazon account).

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon (3 lines icon), and then tap Settings.
2. Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device.
3. When done, try to connect your Kindle and to register it again.

Keep me updated please. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Todd, had to go yesterday. However , I think the problem is the WFI is
locked and secured with WEP what ever that means.
jane

Hi Jane,

I think so, for that reason I asked you twice about your wifi password. We tried all troubleshooting steps for your Kindle and there is no issue on your Kindle for sure.

I don't have remote assistance, so the only I can do is to provide you with information how to find your wifi password.

I have provided you with procedure (paperclip reset) how to reset your router. That should reset your wifi password XXXXX well. Please check for the label on your router, default password XXXXX be printed somewhere on this label.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Todd, you sent me in the right direction, now sorted, thank you for your patience. Jane

You're welcome Jane. I'm glad that I could help.

It’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon!

If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Thanks for using our service.

Best Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.