Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

How do I connect my new Samsung Galaxy y phone to my PC. So

How do I connect my new Samsung Galaxy y phone to my PC. So far all I can get is telephone calls
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

To transfer data from your phone to computer you will have to download software called KIES. That software will install drivers that will allow your computer to recognize your phone.

First of all disconnect the USB cable from the device before continuing.

Please check the link below to download KIES software - click here

When done, open KIES software and connect your phone using USB cable. At the top of the software select "Sync" to sync data from your phone to computer.

Here is a video guide how to transfer specific data please check it - click here

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had already tried the Kies program with no success but have had several further tries still without success

Hi Archie,

Thank you for your reply.

What is the problem with KIES software?

Did you install it on your computer? Is there any error message when you try to connect phone and computer?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I think it must have been me doing something wrong and the very poor mobile signal I am receiving where I stay that was causing most of my problems.

I have carefully tried again using the Kies service you supplied and

, hurray, it seems to be working. I will of course to use it for a few days to be sure but my problem seems to be solved.

Regards,

Archie

Great!

You're welcome Archie. I'm glad that I could help.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information. I'll be happy to provide you with more help if needed.

If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Thanks for using our service.

Best Regards,
Todd