Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

My ACER ASPIRE ONE will not switch on! When I operate the on/off

Customer Question

My ACER ASPIRE ONE will not switch on! When I operate the on/off switch the number lock and caps lock LEDS flash and the ON LED illuminates but nothing else. Have I lost it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Wes replied 3 years ago.

Wes :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page so you can return here if we get disconnected.

Wes :

That is not a good sign.

Wes :

First of all, if you are on batteries only, try plugging the computer in and try again.

JACUSTOMER-4hl1b4hw- :

I am running on mains

Wes :

Next, remove the battery, unplug the computer, and hold the power button for about 30 to 40 seconds (count it out).

Wes :

After you do that, plug it back into mains and see if it will start without the battery. Then put the battery back in and try again.

Wes :

Generally if you try each of these and get no response (or the behavior you are experiencing), it means something on the motherboard has failed.

JACUSTOMER-4hl1b4hw- :

No joy, it is no different, do I have to pay for this?

Wes :

Nope, if you want a refund, just [email protected], I will also forward this to CS for a refund.

Wes :

Sorry we couldn't help, but there's no way for us to deal with hardware issues of this sort remotely

JACUSTOMER-4hl1b4hw- :