Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

my kindle will not charge properly, it charges so that the

my kindle will not charge properly, it charges so that the light changes from orange to green but the green light then goes out, when I try it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry for the late response. I just logged in and found your question on the questions list.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

This problem sounds like a hardware issue, but sometimes the same issue can be caused by glitch in the software. If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 45 seconds.
2. After 45 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.
4. Test your Kindle (try to charge it).

Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 45 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.
4. Test your Kindle (try to charge it).

Another solution for this kind of issue:
1. Connect the USB cable to computer (do not connect Kindle).
2. Hold the Power button for 20 seconds.
3. After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the Kindle.
4. Leave the Kindle for 2 minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button for exactly 45 seconds).
5. Test your Kindle (try to charge it).

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd