Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have a query on Fujitsu tablet Q702 docking keyboard - the

Customer Question

I have a query on Fujitsu tablet Q702 docking keyboard - the mouse pad does not function anymore. I have tried rebooting and taking battery off for a fresh restart. Can you help with this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Does the keyboard portion work?

Does every function of the mousepad not work? The left and right button too?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The keyboard works - the dock has never been exposed to any damage - its just the mouse pad itself with both right and left buttons

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, Carlos.

This is actually a common issue with the docking keyboard stations. How long ago did you purchase the docking station? Also, where did you purchase it from?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This computer Fujitsu Q702 is less than 1 year old - purchase the both the tablet and device from the US - Newegg. I am based in the UK.

I have read some forums about rebooting - bios ect. I do not think its faulty hardware. I hope this being a common issue we can arrive at a solution

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Resetting the BIOS will not fix the docking keyboard. If it was the onscreen touchpad that would be a different story.

Unfortunately, even though it is a common issue, it requires a replacement keyboard docking station. 99% of the problems with the keyboard that I have experienced were fixed with a replacement docking station. Since it is less than a year old, it should be replaced for you at no extra cost.