Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

How do I disenable the password, I cant remember the password

Customer Question

How do I disenable the password, I can't remember the password XXXXX had.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hello sir/madam
I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready

Customer:

Okay I'm ready

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hi, did you forget the password XXXXX your email?

Customer:

No, the password XXXXX get into the notepad. My husband died shortly after I got it, and I don't seem to have written down anywhere

Customer:

why?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hi, you mean notebook? (laptop)

Customer:

good!

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

is the computer asking for a passworD?

Customer:

yes

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

which operating system do you have on it?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

(Windows xp, Vista, 7 etc)

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

do you know the Windows version?

Customer:

Windows& starter

Customer:

Oops, Window7 Starter

Customer:

Where are you?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

do you have a blank cd?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

we need to burn the password XXXXX onto a cd and run it on your windows7 starter

Customer:

yes

Customer:

I've loaded CD into desk top

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

can you open this page

Customer:

yes

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

and download the zip file

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

•cd140201.zip (~18MB)

Customer:

This all seems beyond me! And I can't find the wires to link disc player to notepad

Customer:

I have finally find the lead for the cd player to the notepad!

Customer:

I can't figure out how to down load this CD. there so much typing and no instructions

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

I am out of ideas, let me opt out and open this question to other experts. remote assistance may be needed.
if no expert opts in, we can continue.

Customer:

Okay

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

First off, I am very sorry to hear about your husband.

Second the problem you are facing does not have many simple solutions and it may be best for you to have a professional do the work for you if you do not understand much about the computer.

One simple thing you can try on your own is as follows.

Restart the locked computer, and keep tapping the F8 keyboard button.

When you arrive at the safe mode prompt choose Safe Mode with Networking.

Now Windows will start in Safe Mode.

Select the default Administrator account from the login, the password XXXXX be left blank.

If you can log in with this account or any other administrator account click start choose control panel, click users and change the password XXXXX the locked account.

Now there is a chance that you will not have the default administrator account enables so if that is the guys the above will not work.

So what I think you should do if that does not work and you do not think you are capable of burning CDs and booting from them is take the computer to a professional.

It is a very quick fix for a pro who has the proper tools so it should not cost very much and you will save yourself a lot of time and hassle.

If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.

Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am tapping the F8 key, with no success, should I do it with the shift on?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Nope it is just the F8 key. There may be one other option but I would need to know the make and model of computer and if you have any important files saved on this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its a Samsung Notepad N145Plus. No important files

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok great.

This model should have a factory reset option. What this does is reset the notepad back to its out of the box condition however it does erase anything you may have saved on it in the process.

Basically it restores it to how it was when it came out of the box.

You can access the Recovery Solution by holding the F4 when powering on the computer.

Try completely turning it off and then hold F4 down and start it up again. It should get you into the recovery solution.

Next follow the instructions to restore, and you will want to choose complete restore.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its doing is complete restore at present thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome. Once it finishes it will be like it was when brand new and the account with the password XXXXX no longer be there.

Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is working at the moment. Will have to wait until later when a friend comes round to walk me through the initial stages. Thanks a lot

'Lyn

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Lyn,

I am very happy to hear that. If you or your friend have any questions later on just send me a message.
Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The notebook is working great now. Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes, 'Lyn

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Lyn,

Thanks so much for letting me know, so happy I could help you sort it. If you ever need computer help again let me know.

Thanks,
Chris