Engineer Hamid
Engineer Hamid, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  BSc Computer Science, MTA, A+, MCP, MCTS, HP ExperOne.
76930927

just back from ultra important event tried to open all my pics

Customer Question

just back from ultra important event tried to open all my pics and card reader says card error The camera using the card is a Sony Cybershot ! have tried to re-insert card as instructed on screen.

Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name isXXXXX will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What card reader are you using, on what computer (Windows PC or Apple computer.)

What memory card do you have (total capacity, SD or MMC or other type)?

Can the memory card still read OK on your camera, when you Review pictures on it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows PC..... SDcard no, absolutely same message on camera 'card error' up to a few hours ago I could still view pics on camera but not now.

Thanks for the information, but please clarify:

- What is the size / capacity of the SD card, please?

- Are the pictures present on any other device than the SD card, copied to anywhere?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

card is 8GB pictures are only on the card they are newly taken and not downloaded anywhere!!! That is my problem.

I honestly don't know what to suggest, so I am Opting Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category. I hope one of them will take up the case and provide the solution you are needing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I hope so also because the pictures are so important boo hoo!

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Insert the card into the reader of the PC. Then download and install Recuva. Please be sure to use that direct link! And please just let the download begin on it's own (don't hit any links or buttons). There is other software on that page which you do not need. After installation (the filename will be rcsetup151.exe), run the recovery wizard and tell me if that finds your pictures. If it doesn't there is still another option.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I just want my pictures and it seems the card has an error which is not responding to any of the suggestions.
Expert:  Engineer Hamid replied 3 years ago.

Hello , my name isXXXXX have 13 years of hands-on repair with computers. I will be happy to help you. I see that two experts have tried to come to a solution with your problem but haven't successfully resolved it. Would I be able to please remotely access your PC? Please download Teamviewer if you do not have it yet, it can be downloaded at

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Once this has been downloaded please let me know so that I can remotely access your pc.