Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have forgotten my pass code on my kindle white

Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Kindle Paperwhite.

Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle>.

Please let me know if this does not work and we will continue troubleshooting this issue.
  1. If the hard reset does not work try this next>
    1. Tap the passcode field to bring up the onscreen keyboard.
    2. Type NNN-NN-NNNN and then tap OK.

Reset Your Kindle Paperwhite

Reset your Kindle Paperwhite if you forgot your Kindle password XXXXX need to regain access.

• Reset your device only if you want to remove all content downloaded to the device and register the device again.
    • If you have any content that is not saved to Your Kindle Library in the Cloud, be sure to transfer that content from your device to your computer via USB. For more information, go to Transfer from a Computer to Your Kindle Paperwhite.

You can't reset your Kindle Paperwhite if Parental Controls are set. If you forget your password, reset your Kindle by entering "111222777" as the Parental Controls password.

Important: Resetting your Kindle will remove all content downloaded to it. Any content that is already saved to Your Kindle Library in the Cloud will remain in the Cloud. You can download that content again if you register your Kindle to your account again. From Home, tap the Menu menu icon 			 icon, and then tap Settings. Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device. Your device will power off and power back on.

To use your Kindle Paperwhite again, you'll need to connect wirelessly and register your Kindle Paperwhite.

2. Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.
    Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
    Thank you very much!
Experience: Computer specialist
Laughing

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Randy

Still not back in to be able to read my Kindle.

Cannot get passed wi fi .

Surely I can get info on my pass code rather than go through this nightmare.

Stephen
I am sorry about this> If you have a Windows computer that is currently connected to the Internet through the wireless router
the password XXXXX XXXXX that computer.
Please follow these steps:
  • Click the wireless strength indicator on the Windows taskbar (bottom right corner).
  • Right-click your wireless network name, and then select Properties.
  • Click on the security heading, Select Show characters to display the wireless network password.
If you are not able to find or view the password XXXXX let me know the brand and model of your router/modem,
  • To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password XXXXX the onscreen keyboard. BE SURE TO ENTER THE CHARACHTERS EXACTLY, AS THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE, UPPER CASE AND LOWERCASE(CAPS AND non caps)
  • If you need help locating your password XXXXX me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
dear Randy

Ok I give up I will take it back to Waterstones they can sort it out.

Wish I had stayed with books!

Stephen
I am sorry this did not work for you.
I wish it was better news.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Thank you very much!
I would appreciate a positive review as this reflects my service to you. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.  
Unfortunately, the rating you gave goes on my personal record and affects my customer service score and my job. . . I am doing my very best to help you. I would appreciate not getting a negative review as this reflects my service to you.