Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I got Macbook pro v10.9. Can I connect brother DCP-J132W wireless

I got Macbook pro v10.9. Can I connect brother DCP-J132W wireless to it? Will it work?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Yes you can, you first connect the printer to the Mac via the USB cable.

Then run the installation and during the installation you see the option to connect it to your wireless network.

Choose this, connect it to your wireless network and when it has been connected and the installation completed, you will then be able to print to it wirelessly.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DCP-J132W can it be connected by usb to mac

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
yes it can, and this is just for the setup, then once you connect it as part of the setup to the wireless, it tells you to disconnect the USB cable and you then use it wirelessly.

Feel free to ask please if you would like any additional information.