Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

can i connect my tascam dp-01 8 track digi. recorder to a laptop

can i connect my tascam dp-01 8 track digi. recorder to a laptop more recent than windows xp?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The DP-02 is compatible with newer than Windows XP but the DP-01 that you have is not compatible with anything newer than Windows XP.

The DP-01 may show up on Windows Vista or newer but there is no guarantee that it will show up everytime or any time at all since it is not designed for it.

I hope that answers your question even though it is a potential bad news situation. Please take a minute to rate this answer below using the smiley faces as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK so that I am credited with providing an answer to you.