John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

How do I delete the Ask.com search engine? Ive tried deleting

How do I delete the Ask.com search engine? I've tried deleting it through Tools, Internet Options and Manage add-Ons but to no avail. I'm using Internet Explorer. Any suggestions? I want to have Google as my homepage instead. Cheers
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you.

John :

Sir which antivirus is installed in the PC?

Customer:

Thanks. McAfee

John :

You are welcome,when did this problem started?

Customer:

I'm not sure, it's been there a while and I was ignoring it. I thought it was because I had downloaded iLivid a while ago so I deleted that but Ask is still there.

John :

Are you currently chatting to me from internet explorer in the problematic PC?

Customer:

Yes

John :

Can i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing also you can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that

Customer:

Yes go ahead

John :

Please click on this link http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=07d5215d-3870-431f-8ab7-b32d757f2804 then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your PC and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again also try the method it shows on screen connect window. Let me know once it’s connected. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Once I have access to your PC i will send a short message through the remote chat screen. Do not close this main chat page either.

Customer:

I'm connected

John :

OK one moment please

John :

Sir it seems like i got disconnected from remote session.please let me know when you are back online

John :

The problem had been solved. Please rate me using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Customer:

An excellent and thorough service. Much appreciated.