Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745
Computer

My Kindle is showing Kindle store page not available

Category: Computer
replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your Kindle can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.
4. Test your Kindle.

Please try this procedure at least 3 times.

If that doesn't help please try the next troubleshooting page.

1. Disconnect the power cable from the wireless router (turn the router off)
2. On your Kindle - Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.
4. When Kindle reboot, turn on your router and wait 2 minutes.
5. After 2 minutes, try to connect your Kindle to wifi.

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

This has not worked. My Kindle automatically turns itself on when I have tried to turn the power on and will not wait two minutes. . I do not see a means of disconnecting from the Wifi.

Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago.
Hi Isabella,

Thank you for your reply.

Issue with "unavailable" Kindle store can be caused by unresponsive device (glitch in the software) and bad wifi connectivity. That is a reason I have provided you with instruction how to reset your Kindle (1st procedure) and router reset procedure (2nd procedure).

Please let me know did you try both solutions? If not, please reset your router and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

I presume reset your router means disconnect from the Wifi but I do not see any means of disconnecting on the Kindle. If I turn off the connection, it comes on automatically and the Kindle restarts automatically, even if I am holding down the power button.

Isabella,

"Router reset" means that your need to reset wireless router (device that share wireless signal at your home).

Please try step by step solution below:

1. Turn off your Kindle.
2. Disconnect the power cable from the wireless router (turn the router off)
3. Wait 2 minutes.
4. Turn on your router.
5. Wait 2 minutes.
6. Turn on your Kindle.
7. Connect your Kindle to wifi and test if Kindle store is available.

Please keep me updated. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

I cannot do that. I live in Halls of Residence so the router affects everybody. I will try aeroplane mode for 24 hours and, failing that, take it out of reach of the system, which is local to the University. I will keep trying what you suggested.

Okay.

Do you know what is the model of your Kindle? (Fire, Paperwhite, Fire HDX etc.)

I want to provide you with one more solution, so I need to know exact model of your Kindle.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Paperwhite.

Because we are not able to reset your router please try the procedure below:

1. From the Home screen, tap Menu and select Settings.
2. Select Wi-Fi Networks to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks.
3. Tap on your Wi-Fi network (network that has a check mark to its left). 4. When the "Forget Network?" dialog box appears, tap "Forget".
5. Reboot your Kindle (turn if off, wait 1 minute and turn it on).
6. Open the Wi-Fi Network list, find your wifi network and try to connect your Kindle. You'll have to enter the Wi-Fi password (if one is required).

Let me know if that works please.

Regards,
Todd
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

There is evidently a problem with my Wifi. The Kindle is telling me to turn off the other device, presumably the computer. You have been very kind and patient. I will not keep you. I will keep following your advice and, if it does not work, I will contact again. Much thanks.

You're welcome Isabella. I'm glad if I could help.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more help or information.

Problem can be wifi password XXXXX Be sure that you use the correct password XXXXX connect your Kindle to wifi.

If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Todd