Hunter Owens
Hunter Owens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Your problem meets my passion. A Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
20422294

My pc shows 1)resident shield not active 2) identity disabled

My pc shows 1)resident shield not active' 2) identity disabled and 3)firewall needs restart. can you reinstate these for me please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hunter Owens replied 3 years ago.

Hunter Owens :

Hello, it will be my pleasure to assist you today. I'm a certified technician with years of experience resolving problems for people.

Hunter Owens :

The easiest way to resolve your problem is through a secure and temporary remote support session where I can see your screen and fix these settings for you. Does that sound good to you?

Customer:

yes if you can please

Hunter Owens :

Hello, I will be happy to help you with this issue. However, since it has been approximately an hour since I first posted the message I am currently busy in another session. I will let you know as soon as I have resolved that issue and then I will be with you.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

for clarification I am referring to my AVG internet security

Hunter Owens :

Thank you. Do you suspect that your computer has a virus? Does it seem to be acting strange?

Customer:

not really. it is probably me as I am 88 and not very well up on computers

Hunter Owens :

Well that's a good sign if your computer seems to be running well otherwise. As I mentioned above, the simplest way to resolve these settings is through a remote support session. Please follow the steps below and let me know if you have any questions with a particular step.

1. Click here to load the remote connection page in a new window.
2. On the page that appears, click Launch GoToAssist.
3. When asked “Do you want to run this software?” click YES.
4. When asked "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" Click YES.
5. Click on the orange circle icon in the taskbar along the bottom of your screen and click "YES" in the pop-up that asks “Do you want to join the session?”

Hunter Owens :

Hello, are you able to see this message?

Hunter Owens :

Hello, it looks like we got disconnected as part of the AVG Uninstall reboot.

Customer:

RE WE BACK TOGETHER

Hunter Owens :

Yes. If you're able to see this message, please click here to reconnect remotely.